When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2008 Rolex Sea Dweller

ExtraExtra

I am not a big Rolex fan but after seeing this, this may just be one I would consider. The details on this one gives that tough, solid impression. Check out the engraved bezel markers, the carved teeth like the outside bezel, the concave glass, the larger crown guard panerai like that potrudes from the size, the thickness of this easily sets it apart from other series, the transformer like alligator chomping bracelet extension is just incredible. Definitley a collectors item and nice one to have. Pics from honpo.

These words from infoniac just describes it perfectly.

"Rolex has developed a new Sea-Dweller watch for most courageous and adventurous divers who are ready to conquer unbelievable depths and need a reliable timekeeping companion on their wrist."

post-5958-1224849334_thumb.jpg

i've a seen a handful of actual commercial divers with Submariners over their wetsuits.

does COMEX still use Rolex "tools" cause i know they have a pretty tight relationship and they built the equipment to test the deep sea dwellers claim to almost 4KM!

but a dive computer does make more sense and is probably more widely used and the defacto standard for divers everywhere

Dive computer all the way...sometimes even two for back-up. Even with the "wet-suit" extension on the band you could never get the watch over your wrist if you are wearing a dry-suit with a 6mm glove cuff. I've been around diving for many years and have never observed a commercial diver use a Rolex while working...recreational diving in warm water is a different story. I've worn my sub diving in the Carribean many times. Funny thing though...I never use it as a timer...dive computer all the way ;)

Although years ago before computers wrist watches were your only source of time keeping under water :)