When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ttk's 3rd Gen Arktos Pam

dosanim

I'm completly newbie for PAM. Most of PAMs are too big for me (thin wrist problem), but I may be able to stretch for 44mm which is for Arktos PAM.

PAM bug hasn't bit me yet, and I'm still lurking about it.

What is your thought on Arktos for first PAM? and new 7750 Asian movement?

Thanks in advance! :)

Edited by dosanim

Most PAM's are 44mm not 47mm. So you might want to think about the 40mm PAM's. The new Arktos certainly looks good - the bezel markers are now the correct shape and the asian 7750 means a swap for genuine ETA if the need arises!! Usually the asian 7750 in the P1 (they call it b1) configuration is generally reliable as there are no chrono functions (the usual source of problems in the asian 7750). The finish of the movt in my similar PAM 24 is very good - much better than I have seen before and not far off the genuine item.

Conclusion - go for it, your wrist might not be as small as you think!!!

Hey Joe

I you are worried about a Pam being too big for your wrist, maybe go for a Pam that is a little less massive looking. The Arktos is a big thick heavy watch. Maybe try with the 036, which is a very nice light watch or a Base model... 005 perhaps.

Eddy

If you think Pams are too massive for your wrist the Arktos is an odd choice for your first Pam purchase . . . although it's the same 44mm it's significantly thicker and heavier than watches in the Luminor Marina line.

Edited by kanerich

The Arktos is probably the most massive of the 44mm Pannies, but it's still do-able. I have small wrists and it's not ridiculous on me (unlike the 47mm 217, but I wear that one too). Here's a pic of the Arktos from Neil on me, and another of a regular luminor:

87668-29033.jpg

87668-29034.jpg

Both look fine on me, especially in real life (as opposed to pictures), the 44mm size is perfectly fine.

Thanks you everyone! You guys are great! :3a:

I'll look into 40mm PAMs first, then venture out to 44mm.

I think it's about time for me to dive into PAM. :lol:

this dive will bring you in DEEP financial troubles... :lol:

a 40mm PAM will be a good start for you...and you'll see very soon how fast you will grow...in a month you'll have a 44mm PAM for sure!

Just to jump on this *sizing* bandwagon, how does the size of the 45mm Radiomir (ie 183 blackseal) compare to the 44mm base size (ie 111 or 005)?

Does the 45mm look bigger/smaller on wrists? Anyone with a wristshot of both to compare?

Thanks

I would also recommend a 44mm as a first buy.

@ subzero1

What a nice mountain view behind your 111H. :)

Where are you located?

Thanks, I'm in Denver. Thats the west view off my balcony. Heres the north view from the same spot:

88556-28848.jpg

For SIZE comparison, here's a 45mm Rad on me:

88556-28849.jpg

And lastly a 47mm Marina Mitare Destro:

88556-28850.jpg

I may go for 036, but Arktos is still very tempting. @Sunzero01, very nice pics. Arktos looked very good.

DEcisions, decisions... :whistling:

Sly Stallone is like 5'7 and Orlando Bloom and Pierce Brosnan are tall but pretty slim guys, so I don't think you have to be a certain size or shape to carry off Pams. Lots of celebrities have started wearing them here in Japan . . . on the average you don't get less big and tall than Japanese dudes. Of course a ton of them also still sport giant Bon Jovi heads of hair and wear belt buckles and necklaces that look like something they bought in the bargain bin at the Renaissance Pleasure Faire (but probably cost thousands) so I'm not sure that Japanese fashion provides any guidance outside of this country.

I say start with a three pack, say 036, 183 and the Arktos and stop kidding yourself that it matters much which one you get first . . . it won't be your last. :welcomeani: