When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seadweller

swemoose

How long before we see a 16600 with correct case i.e. deep rehaut and a HE valve that doesn't look like crap?????

I know I am not the only one waiting for one, am I right?

We are all still dreaming but...Andrew has a 2006 edition with a 1:1 case replica. Not an expert on Rollies but it may be a step in the right direction?

Cheers

Alex

Edited by Alextor

We are all still dreaming but...Andrew has a 2006 edition with a 1:1 case replica. Not an expert on Rollies but it may be a step in the right direction?

Cheers

Alex

I must be blind. Could you please show me where to find pics of the 2006 edition of Andrews SD. I can´t find it on his website. I immediately got to have one with the correct case... Thanks.

Greetings

DJ

I must be blind. Could you please show me where to find pics of the 2006 edition of Andrews SD. I can´t find it on his website. I immediately got to have one with the correct case... Thanks.

Greetings

DJ

Sorry DJ, it was 2005 not 2006 (one of my dyslexic days)

http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=619

What do you think?

Cheers

Alex

Sorry DJ, it was 2005 not 2006 (one of my dyslexic days)

http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=619

What do you think?

Cheers

Alex

still the wrong case and bezel thickness. Some of the reps have a domed case back to make the watch thicker but the gen also has a thicker case per se.

say hello to my little friend.....

89093-28709.jpg

Andrews 2005 version seems not to have the right case. Thickness is stated 12mm. Also there is no picture of the he valve. To me it looks like a modded sub case with a slightly bigger caseback.

But the most obvious reason for this watch not being a 1:1 case copy is that nobody of the rolex watch nuts has verified it yet... ;)

Greetings

DJ

josh says his is 1:1 14.5mm thick, but compared to chrono's pic you can tell it is not the same, too bad... :(

It´s simple like that: Don´t look for it, it doesn´t exist!

Maybe one day it will show up. But I don´t know what they will call it then?

The term "1:1 case" or "thick case exactly like original" has already

been used too often. :thumbdown:

Or maybe that´s why they don´t change it. They don´t want to admit that they´ve

been lying to us about the wrong SD case all that time...... :lol:

still the wrong case and bezel thickness. Some of the reps have a domed case back to make the watch thicker but the gen also has a thicker case per se.

say hello to my little friend.....

I will...that's a beautiful picture! as it has been said many times over...nothing beats the genuine! (short of that, will keep on waiting for new editions...)

Blessings, watch lovers and love watchers!!! ;)

Alex

How come I have a feeling that I read this same thread year ago?

There was no decent modern SeaDweller replica year ago... and there isn't now. So don't stress about it. ;)

:rolleyes: Nevermind the fact that the genuine 16600 has a crystal that measures almost 1mm smaller than a 16610's, and is significantly thicker as well.

89135-28705.jpg

89135-28706.jpg

The immediate difference is not so apparent at first glance, but if you've seen and handled enough of both, it becomes quite apparent that the Sea-Dweller's dial looks a bit more crowded, and that the bezel insert looks a little wider.