When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Sub on Trusty for 488USD

Guest Dr.TuB

TrustTimes calls it the Ultimate Sub

is it worth it?

On the site, it says that this sub is made from a different factory. and the watch will be serviced before shipped to me.

I purchased one and it should arrive in a couple of days.

Edited by tubbizzle

Looks like wrong case design as always!

Correct Small Lume markers for SS Black Submariner - WHATS NEW?

Correct 2.5 X Date Magnification - WHATS NEW?

Correct Date Font with closed 6 and 9 - WHATS NEW?

Serial and reference engraved on lugs - WHATS NEW?

Solid end links with end link engraved with serial - WHATS NEW? They look TERRIBLE By the way!!!

Rolex dotted crown etched at 6:00 on sapphire glass - WHATS NEW?

Crown Guards re-worked to perfection - NOT BAD! Give you that one! HOWEVER, looks like they were done quickly for the photo, anyone else see the jagged edges?

Correct Hollow Mid-links for the Bracelet - WHATS NEW?

Bracelet Polished to a Sheen finish - WRONG!!! Belongs on a Seadweller, not a SS Sub.

And Guess what!??!!? THE PEARL STILL SUCKS!

can you show me how is the case design wrong?

Looks like wrong case design as always!

Correct Small Lume markers for SS Black Submariner - WHATS NEW?

Correct 2.5 X Date Magnification - WHATS NEW?

Correct Date Font with closed 6 and 9 - WHATS NEW?

Serial and reference engraved on lugs - WHATS NEW?

Solid end links with end link engraved with serial - WHATS NEW? They look TERRIBLE By the way!!!

Rolex dotted crown etched at 6:00 on sapphire glass - WHATS NEW?

Crown Guards re-worked to perfection - NOT BAD! Give you that one! HOWEVER, looks like they were done quickly for the photo, anyone else see the jagged edges?

Correct Hollow Mid-links for the Bracelet - WHATS NEW?

Bracelet Polished to a Sheen finish - WRONG!!! Belongs on a Seadweller, not a SS Sub.

And Guess what!??!!? THE PEARL STILL SUCKS!

can you show me how is the case design wrong?

lets see... where do i start?

lugs are too fat...

lugs are wrong shape...

rehaut (chapter ring) is that of a standard CH sub, most likely too shallow... most likely too wokky...

bracelet pins are probably too high AS ALWAYS as i see the SEL being high on the lugs...

being tagged with another "Ultimate" or "1:1" or used "gen as sample" taglines... this DOES NOT, WILL NOT, EVER NEVER, EVER, NEVER, EVER for $488 hold up to the quality and replication of the WM9's, ETZ's, MBW's... PERIOD! especially since those start @ $275...

So, feel free to go ahead and keep this thread going for NO reason! cuz i dont see ANY reason to buy this at this ASTRONOMICAL asking price!!! which i think is UTTER bullsh*t...

anyone wanna chime in as WHO is doing this work?!?!

This "PERFECT" Submariner is specially sent for FULL SERVICE whereby the entire movement is completely overhauled, reassembled, serviced and re-lubricated with Swiss imported lubricants and the timing calibration adjusted to +/- 5 seconds per day (COSC Standards)

i think i was too harsh earlier... this may be a GREAT REP for you!

Some of us who have been here a while have had these models in the past... so, we criticize harshly when a dealer claims "EVEN MORE ULTIMATE THAN THE ORIGINAL ULTIMATE!!!" when nothing has really CHANGED on a model...

So, i wouldn't worry too much about it... I'm sure it will be great!

The number 1 flaw on this watch is the date/cyclops combo which is positioned WAY too right on the dial/crystal. I haven't seen that flaw on Subs in YEARS. This is a terrible Sub... there's absolutely nothing correct on that watch. Nothing.

Newbies should do their homework properly, before purchasing. That's what this forum has always been about.

Sometimes I wonder why we write all those articles and guides... there are Submariner reps available for $120 that run circles around this POS... and even with all the info available, some people are still willing to buy reps like this for $488. :bangin:

New members should realize that when dealers call something "ULTIMATE" or "SUPER" and put a high price tag on it... it proves NOTHING.

I have nothing against Andrew, who has always been a solid dealer. But they're BUSINESSMEN. Their main goal here is to make money. Nothing wrong with that, it's business... but don't believe the hype in the dealer's websites, but read the watch reviews by the seasoned members, who have no reason to be unobjective.

And high price tag doesn't automatically mean better rep. This case is a sad example.

you serious?

i bought one a few days ago... and its arriving on monday...

it probably wasnt the best purchase you could of made out of all options, im sure it'll look decent just not as good as some models offered from other dealers for a lower(believe it or not) price.

post some pictures of it once you get it, and we'll help you out here with some recommendations.

a better purchase would of been:

either a euromariner or PT supreme sub(WM9)

or even start with a noobmariner ($120)which is still A VERY attractive watch, to practise some modding on and see if the sub is your style or not.

as for the COSC timming and overhaul i wouldnt count on it, i've heard stories otherwise. most ETAs run pretty decent and within COSC out of the box in the first place. unless the movement theyre giving you is garbage and rusted, in that case you dont want it anyways.

but this community here will strive to help you as much as possible. All i can say is read a lot if you the time to do so here.

The number 1 flaw on this watch is the date/cyclops combo which is positioned WAY too right on the dial/crystal. I haven't seen that flaw on Subs in YEARS. This is a terrible Sub... there's absolutely nothing correct on that watch. Nothing.

Newbies should do their homework properly, before purchasing. That's what this forum has always been about.

Sometimes I wonder why we write all those articles and guides... there are Submariner reps available for $120 that run circles around this POS... and even with all the info available, some people are still willing to buy reps like this for $488. :bangin:

Thank goodnes for this site. I Almost bought for global replica found this site. Was a total newb.

Did my research and bought a Euromariner (wm9) with gen eta.

This is a wonderful website with great members.

I almost made a mistake.....but researche dhere for 2 weeks........and i'm very happy.