When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Crap...is it broke?

vizsladog

Took my watch (euromariner ETA ) to a kiosk in the mall to have dust removed from dial.

She opend it up,pushed in detent and removed stem. Decided she couldnt reomove movement and put it back together.

Well,i cant set the time or date and when the crown was all the way screwed in it didnt work.

So i take it to a Rolex repair shop.

he opens it up says he cant work on it cause it's not gen but does something to where now the stem will fall out if the crwon isnt screwed down.

he says a watchsmith can fix it that is not broke.

Any ideas???

Oops! Rule # 1 is don't take a rep to a Rolex repair shop. You're lucky the guy just told you he can't work on it- you'd be pretty bummed out if he confiscated it because it's counterfeit. I don't know that they really do that, but NEVER take a rep to genuine watch dealer- you're just asking for trouble.

Too bad about screwing up the keyless works, but if you find a good small independent watchmaker, it's a simple $30-40 fix.

Remember- no AD's.

RSC confiscated hot watches only and non-genuine parts on genuine Rolex.

Oops! Rule # 1 is don't take a rep to a Rolex repair shop. You're lucky the guy just told you he can't work on it- you'd be pretty bummed out if he confiscated it because it's counterfeit. I don't know that they really do that, but NEVER take a rep to genuine watch dealer- you're just asking for trouble.