When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Comparison Skyland Black and Grey Dials

lanikai

I just received my grey dial skyland with rubber strap today!...

v3 from Peter...i very politely requested to Peter to ensure that the lume dots be centered and thanked him for being "extra" thorough on QC...he said he would so -- and lo, and behold, the watch is remarkable!...

Great news...and for sure Lani is the King for advice on combos...Brother's got the full range of straps and watch heads to do any kind of comparison of which combo is best.

Hi again,

I opened up my watch and took a pic. Please show me which arm i have to adjust, and in which direction (or is there a screw I need to tighten)? I read thet these arms are used to regulate the timing and beat, and as my watch keeps time within COSC (+ 2 secs :p ) I don't want to move the arms in any direction.

Pic of my watch:

breitling2.jpg

Here's the link to the timing adjustment, maybe better pics of the balance:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=19163

Thanks!

Hi again,

I opened up my watch and took a pic. Please show me which arm i have to adjust, and in which direction (or is there a screw I need to tighten)? I read thet these arms are used to regulate the timing and beat, and as my watch keeps time within COSC (+ 2 secs :p ) I don't want to move the arms in any direction.

Pic of my watch:

breitling2.jpg

Here's the link to the timing adjustment, maybe better pics of the balance:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=19163

Thanks!

excuse me .. I do not know the names for these parts I call "arms" .. it seemed when they were in this 12 oclock position it stopped the wheel underneath from functioning .. as soon as I moved it apart and clockwise .. and touched the wheel lightly .. the wheel started up again, when I moved the lower arm back to this position it stopped again .. I still had to regulate it but honestly both my skylands were in this position and both stopped .. after moving the lower arm .. and regulating the upper arm..

it has been running about 20 seconds fast per day.. it still needs fine tuning but I am happy jus leaving it for now.. if your movement is keeping good time.. don't mess with it.. I thought yours stopped working ??

breitling2fg8.jpg

hope this helps..

For any expert explanation or answer if this is jus a "symptom" of something else .. Ziggy would b ethe one to answer that .. as I jus got lucky.. :)

Hi,

Thanks for the answer, mine stops SOMETIMES (only at nights when i don't wear it), but if i give it a little shake, or i press the chronograph button it starts running again (for a long time, so no power reserve problem). This problem occurs only when the watch isn't in horizontal position (e.g. not on the bracelet on the desk, but on leather deployant with the watch case in vertical position). So I think I might have the same problem as you do / did. However, I'll take it to my watchsmith, just wanted to know something about the problem and how to solve it, to have something to say the watchsmith about it.

Greetz.