When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Comparison Skyland Black and Grey Dials

lanikai

Grey~Black dials in Comparison..

A member Humbly requested my opinion of the 2 dial colours.. so I think it's better to have him view the comparison.. in natural lighting..

it is not overcast.. the tradewinds have died and the "VOG" volcano smoke from the Big Island has settled on the Islands .. you cannot even see the mountains.. nor the ocean,.. sulfur smoke is brutal.. so the pics are not in sunlght .. cause there is none..

Note : the lume dots on the black dial look much better IMO than the grey dial .. anyone else notice this ??

greyblackskylanddials00sh6.jpg

Black ... Grey below

greyblackskylanddials00uo8.jpg

greyblackskylanddials00sh4.jpg

In the most reflective light I could angle ..

Black on top Grey below

greyblackskylanddials00ja8.jpg

greyblackskylanddials01xq7.jpg

Specifically a shot of the Grey dial in relationship to the Strap..

greyblackskylanddials01ei7.jpg

greyblackskylanddials01gr8.jpg

I truly hope this helps the member that pm'd me.. I have not returned pm's by members that have just arrived .. not because I think of myself as .. not wanting to be bothered.. but as other members have experienced.. I take time (and to all of us .. precious time) to answer the pm's only not to get any reply back no thank you or acknowledgement of my answer, and a week later get pm'd again with the same spamed question.. :angry:

but this time this member was truly gracious and appreciative .. and answered each reply.. not hard to do if your going to ask someone to do something..

So to this member.. I hope you decide based on these pics .. what you wanted .. but jus wanted to "make sure" B) .. pssst.. IMO the Grey is *SNAP* with the black divers strap.. or leather.. or gator..it is a very versitale watch.. :lol:

and I thought instead of sending this to one member .. may as well let all see.. :)

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

Great shots, as always. Fits your wrist very well.

I just received my third Skyland. The first two had serious movement issue's and you guessed it... this one is also WITH movement issues! Man, I hate the a7750... I'm always out of luck. It seems everybody is receiving propper working ones and all I'm receiving is crap. All 3 Skylands were ordered with different dealers which all belong to the top 3 quality dealers on the board...... even this gives no guarantees. This was my last a7750.

Lani -- thank you for taking the time for creating a great post... :good:

anyone in the market for a skyland -- especially the black or grey -- will certainly benefit from this comparision...

you have definitely helped me with my decision..... :g: ............going with the grey...for all the same reasons you (and others) have stated - especially the versatility and it being less "common" as TT states below...

well done!... :1a:

R-

pssst.. IMO the Grey is *SNAP* with the black divers strap.. or leather.. or gator..it is a very versitale watch.. :lol:

and I thought instead of sending this to one member .. may as well let all see.. :)

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

@ Lanikai - :1a: Thanks a ton for this, I was about to post a topic for feedback but this has just made my life so much simpler!!!

@ Condemore - Can i ask where you got you straps?? I was looking at some but the ones in your pics look the best ive seen yet!

Great shots, as always. Fits your wrist very well.

I just received my third Skyland. The first two had serious movement issue's and you guessed it... this one is also WITH movement issues! Man, I hate the a7750... I'm always out of luck. It seems everybody is receiving propper working ones and all I'm receiving is crap. All 3 Skylands were ordered with different dealers which all belong to the top 3 quality dealers on the board...... even this gives no guarantees. This was my last a7750.

first thank you !..

for what it's worth.. if your movement stops periodically .. as my grey and black both did.. I checked out the regulator.. ther are 2 "arms" .. ( for lack of better tech knowledge).. the lower arm was blocking the balance wheel from rotating.. a slight adjusment of the lower arm corrected this .. I need to post some macro pics as to what I am trying to explain..

I know Ziggy can help us explain this as only he can put it words even I'll understand.. i believe since they made the A7750 with working regulator.. this is an issue that either they have not resolved or cannot resolve at the factory..

almost every A7750 that I have gotten i have had to regulate.. either 5 or 10 minutes to fast or slow.. or the movement stops.. on all these 3 issues it had to do with the regulating arm.. now not being anything of a watchsmith.. it must be this .. cause (knock on wood).. after adjusting the arms the watch is running almost spot on to time .. and in the issue of stopping this has addressed that issue also..

Bottom line is this is the easiest of all fixes .. since I can do it.. anyone can..

the replies reminds me .. I have an HK Tan antique gator that I think would look good on the grey dial.. I posted the black dial with the breitling leather strap and an HK Tan black gator strap also... :p

first thank you !..

for what it's worth.. if your movement stops periodically .. as my grey and black both did.. I checked out the regulator.. ther are 2 "arms" .. ( for lack of better tech knowledge).. the lower arm was blocking the balance wheel from rotating.. a slight adjusment of the lower arm corrected this .. I need to post some macro pics as to what I am trying to explain..

I know The Zigmeister can help us explain this as only he can put it words even I'll understand.. i believe since they made the A7750 with working regulator.. this is an issue that either they have not resolved or cannot resolve at the factory..

almost every A7750 that I have gotten i have had to regulate.. either 5 or 10 minutes to fast or slow.. or the movement stops.. on all these 3 issues it had to do with the regulating arm.. now not being anything of a watchsmith.. it must be this .. cause (knock on wood).. after adjusting the arms the watch is running almost spot on to time .. and in the issue of stopping this has addressed that issue also..

Bottom line is this is the easiest of all fixes .. since I can do it.. anyone can..

the replies reminds me .. I have an HK Tan antique gator that I think would look good on the grey dial.. I posted the black dial with the breitling leather strap and an HK Tan black gator strap also... :p

Hi Lani,

Great pics, I like better the grey dial because it is more unique, but I have to agree that the lume dots are much better on the black dial.

Enjoy them both.

I truly hope this helps the member that pm'd me.. I have not returned pm's by members that have just arrived .. not because I think of myself as .. not wanting to be bothered.. but as other members have experienced.. I take time (and to all of us .. precious time) to answer the pm's only not to get any reply back no thank you or acknowledgement of my answer, and a week later get pm'd again with the same spamed question.. :angry:

but this time this member was truly gracious and appreciative .. and answered each reply.. not hard to do if your going to ask someone to do something..

S

You show your class here mate, nice one.

Hi Lani,

Great pics, I like better the grey dial because it is more unique, but I have to agree that the lume dots are much better on the black dial.

Enjoy them both.

yaron .. my friend it is good to see you on the board !!.. this timepiece is to your taste I believe.. B)

rhack1 Posted Today, 11:42 AM

the skyland and the steelfish, like fine women, look sexy in leather!...

Mickey Padge Posted Today, 11:44 AM

QUOTE (rhack1 @ Oct 29 2008, 09:42 PM)

the skyland and the steelfish, like fine women, look sexy in leather!...

But strapless is not quite the same

don't get me started you two.. :rolleyes: .. both leather and spagetti straps.. or very low back-ass .. sheesh.. get the testosterone soaring.. :huh:

Hyster Posted Today, 11:48 AM

QUOTE (lanikai @ Oct 29 2008, 02:37 AM)

You show your class here mate, nice one

Thanks Hyster... "We" are a class act here because of one another !!

Hi Lani,

First, thanks for the comparison, I'm going to buy a grey one (just thinking of V2 or V3???), your comparison was really helpful.

And the second thing, that I'd really appreciate these macro pics, as my bentley 6.75 is playing the same "game" with me. It stops always at night around 3-4 am (only on leather band, I'll explain it later). However, today (I mean yesterday...) it stopped at 1:34 am. I don't understand what the problem could be, if I wear it on the bracelet, and put it down fully horizontally, it won't stop during the night. But if I wear it on leather (deployant buckle) and put it on my desk vertically, it won't run in the morning. It isn't a power reserve problem, since if I start the chrono in the morning with the whole watch not running, as I press in the pusher, it will start ticking, and it stops at night/late evening again (no more power reserve).

Hope my problem was understandable :D

Thanks once more.

Greetz.

first thank you !..

I know The Zigmeister can help us explain this as only he can put it words even I'll understand.. i believe since they made the A7750 with working regulator.. this is an issue that either they have not resolved or cannot resolve at the factory..

Hi Lani,

First, thanks for the comparison, I'm going to buy a grey one (just thinking of V2 or V3???), your comparison was really helpful.

And the second thing, that I'd really appreciate these macro pics, as my bentley 6.75 is playing the same "game" with me. It stops always at night around 3-4 am (only on leather band, I'll explain it later). However, today (I mean yesterday...) it stopped at 1:34 am. I don't understand what the problem could be, if I wear it on the bracelet, and put it down fully horizontally, it won't stop during the night. But if I wear it on leather (deployant buckle) and put it on my desk vertically, it won't run in the morning. It isn't a power reserve problem, since if I start the chrono in the morning with the whole watch not running, as I press in the pusher, it will start ticking, and it stops at night/late evening again (no more power reserve).

Thanks once more.

Greetz.

Bump...

Sorry, but this problem does annoy me VERY much...

Thanks, and sorry once more.

Greetz.

Hi Lani,

Thanks once more.

Greetz.

I am on the road until late this afternoon.. but I will try taking pics of what I am referring to (as far as the problem I had) .. I am not by any means an expert but both my reps had the same problem which leads me to believe that if there are 2 identical issues with the movement .. it could be more than jus my 2 reps..

one of the 2 (arms) above the mainspring .. seems like,.. this caught onto the balance wheel.. anyway I will try to get pics up today or tomorrow.. and then Ziggy (if we are lucky) can comment on it.. cause like I said .. if it happened on both my movements,.. and they are running fine now.. there has to be some issue they need to iron out with the working regulator on the new A7750

Cheers..

Lani

I just received my grey dial skyland with rubber strap today!...

v3 from Peter...i very politely requested to Peter to ensure that the lume dots be centered and thanked him for being "extra" thorough on QC...he said he would so -- and lo, and behold, the watch is remarkable!...

all lume dots centered -- as best i can see...and seriously, the great pix on this site exaggerate the "flaws" due to magnification...to the naked eye, these flaws are almost impossible to see...the AR is great, too...

thanks to this post and Lani's gracious and patient pm's with me, along with the many others who have shared pictures and opinions on grey versus black, rubber vs. leather, etc...i have to tell you, i am completely blown away with the contrast and texture of this watch...the grey dial and black rubber...the texture of the rubber "breitling" strap with the brushed and shiny case...the bezel and case...the shiny 15, 30, 45 and pearl points on the brushed bezel...this watch seriously all comes together because of the lush mix of textures...it's like my lexus -- sporty elegance...the texture of it all keeps the blingy case in check...

Lani -- personally, thank you...Mahalo nui loa!...

to all those deciding on this watch and debating the dial/strap combo -- i am thrilled with the grey/blk rubber...

my white dial steelfish sfso with dark brown moo-croc band, is happy to have a mate...although, this grey watch is gonna getta my attention for quite some time...

still have figured out the camera thing yet, but when i do, i'll post pix...

my qc on Peter's v3: lume dots - great - check!, AR - great - check!, working and keeping time - great - check!, detail/finish - great - check!, microscopic little B engaved on bezel - great - check!, caseback and case finish - great - check!, rubber strap - great - check!, pearl/bezel alignment - great- check!...

but just when i thought i would be completely satisfied, "fleed" posted some pix of this watch with bead blast...grey dial and black rubber...if you haven't seen that yet, find his recent post...very sexy and adds to the overall texture thang!...

R-