When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

new asian SFSO steelfish movement?

hackR

hi all...

i just received my new asian sfso...it's the one selling between $150-$200 USD: AR, sapphire, same case, etc...

i have been trying to get information from the seller (t4d - RWI) on what the movement is...

this watch is as gorgeous and well built as the excellent shots/posts that many of you have made...very pleased...

i got the white dial and a dark brown moo-croc deployment buckle strap...it's on that one...excellent combo...sporty elegance!...

anyhowwwwwww -- this is "advertised" as "asian high beat movement"...and all inquiries on what the movement is and whether it's 28k or 21k have not been answered...i am a definite newbie on automatics (but learning!)...as this is my first one...

my asianfish came with a loose back...i opened it and the movement looks exactly like the one in the picture attached...

i am curious and have researched this as best i can...to no avail --- yet...

somewhere - i'm snowblind from the research (lol) - i saw a youtube video of a eta fish and an asian fish...the afish was running at 21k and the swissfish at 28k...this watch's sweep looks more like the 21k...

any insights/info on how to tell or what the enclosed picture is would be appreciated...

R

post-16947-1225316042_thumb.jpg

If you have access to a known high beat 28k movement, you will be able to tell the movements beat, with both watches in a quiet room, by placing the watch to your ear and listening :)

It is easy to tell the slow beat from the high every time with ease, using the above method, if they sound the same, or one is slower it will be obvious ;)

I have had high beat watches with really jerky movement of the second hand before, so visual inspection of the hand sweep does not always give the right answer....

Cheers! B)

this is my virgin automatic...so i have nothing to compare it, too...

(and can't splurge on another watch yet...next month)

R-

If you have access to a known high beat 28k movement, you will be able to tell the movements beat, with both watches in a quiet room, by placing the watch to your ear and listening :)

It is easy to tell the slow beat from the high every time with ease, using the above method, if they sound the same, or one is slower it will be obvious ;)

I have had high beat watches with really jerky movement of the second hand before, so visual inspection of the hand sweep does not always give the right answer....

Cheers! B)

Well you will soon find out then :)

You could always go to and AD (not with your rep watch!) and look at a few gen watches, then casually put one to your ear after the watch starts up :p

If you listen to your watch now, it may sound like 7-8 beats per second with high beat, and noticably less with low beat....

Cheers! B)

(holding watch to ear and trying to count).... :huh:

and assuming that you hav a vision of a newbie with a quizzical, clueless look on his face?!...

Well you will soon find out then :)

You could always go to and AD (not with your rep watch!) and look at a few gen watches, then casually put one to your ear after the watch starts up :p

If you listen to your watch now, it may sound like 7-8 beats per second with high beat, and noticably less with low beat....

Cheers! B)

@ mickey --> i actually was doing that when i typed my last response of hand 2 head...but with the usual house noise, it was tough to count them...

@ andreww --> thanks for your comment; the orig post pix has a decal on the rotor; mine has no decal and is gold...attached is a picture i found via google of the dg4813...mine looks similar to this one, except the gear in the bottom of this pix is solid on mine and not "spoked/open" like this one...mine is closed and a darkish color...

That appears to be a 28K DG4813. Very similar to 21k DG2813, but they are always silver from my experience while the 28k is always gold.

post-16947-1225335400_thumb.jpg

Edited by rhack1