When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMTIIc Bezel Expert Advise Needed

rogerthat

I saw a Gen ceramic bezel for sale and I jumped on it. Pictures below. I have the bezel and a rep watch in my hands, but these are the pictures from when the bezel was purchased not my pictures.

Compared to the rep it does look different, the numbers are "whiter" and the ceramic is a bit more shiny. Nicer finish.

I have read that getting the whole bezel off is not easy if not impossible.

I have no problem paying a modder to get this to work if it is something I can not do, but I am not sure what to even request.

The Zigmeister won't touch this watch, maybe Vacuum would?

Would you attempt or ask a modder to attempt to swap the whole bezel or would you just swap the bezel inserts?

Do you think this is a waste of money and won't work?

Opinions please... I bought the bezel without really thinking about how to install it. I also have an Cheif AR'd cyclops that is sitting here becuase I have my watch apart and still having trouble getting the rep cyclops off. Tried heat for a few minutes, tried the electric stove now the crystal is sitting in a bowl filled with Acetone.

Cheers,

M

bezel3ao0.jpg

w700.png

bezel1gu1.jpg

w1024.png

bezel2bo7.jpg

w1024.png

• 2 months later...
bezel2bo7.jpg

w1024.png

I have not removed the bezel on my chs, so I cannot provide any assistance removing yours. However, now that I see both inserts side-by-side, it is clear that the (later) rep insert design has been changed (& not for the better) since the original version of the GMTIIC rep came out during the summer. The font on your insert (at left) is considerably narrower & slightly different than the font on the gen (which more nearly matches my chs rep)

anothersunday0181.jpg

dinnerwithjan0111.jpg

I have not removed the bezel on my chs, so I cannot provide any assistance removing yours. However, now that I see both inserts side-by-side, it is clear that the (later) rep insert design has been changed (& not for the better) since the original version of the GMTIIC rep came out during the summer. The font on your insert (at left) is considerably narrower & slightly different than the font on the gen (which more nearly matches my chs rep)

Yep, I have the same. But it has the wrong color numbers, too dark too grey. The gen is more coffee cream white.

And our 4's are wrong. You win some and you loose some..

I have a gen comming in and will make some additional picks on a white background.