When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Doxa is in da house!

Nanuq

Wow,,,,where do you go from there? What is the size like? Looks flatter than a 750? I just got a 1000T and still am not sure about the size, which is supposed to be similar to the vintage 67 version but I think the case back is thicker. I still might trade it for a 750T,,,which IMO is the most comfortable watch on the wrist for the size......how does your feel on the wrist? Looks like it hurts to take it off.... :D

So Nanuq since this is so rare, what is something like that worth?

I havent ever seen a Doxa with a plexi crystal before.

I always liked my Doxa SUB750T caribbean, but the blue looked better in pictures :shocking:

The postman was very very good to me today. :tu: For your viewing pleasure, a Doxa Sub 300, the first series and the original orange dive watch. This particular model is known as the "Black Lung", arguably the rarest Doxa in the world. One expert suggests there are 7 examples of this watch in existence. Other experts claim there are 3 or perhaps 4. I personally know of 2 others. Each one is engraved with an identifying number. They were made as an exploratory project between US Divers and Doxa. This one is triple signed with the original crown and fully adjustable and working Beads of Rice bracelet. Enjoy!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Wow,,,,where do you go from there? What is the size like? Looks flatter than a 750? I just got a 1000T and still am not sure about the size, which is supposed to be similar to the vintage 67 version but I think the case back is thicker. I still might trade it for a 750T,,,which IMO is the most comfortable watch on the wrist for the size......how does your feel on the wrist? Looks like it hurts to take it off.... :D

"Hurts to take it off" !! Perfect! You are sooooo right, this thing is GLUED to my wrist! :tu:

And you're right, where DO I go from here? I went right to the top, and the rest of them are going to seem "almost as good" in comparison. Perhaps I should have started off slower?

Naaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh B)

I love the size. It's not as thick as even a 300T, it's comparable to a 1665 Seadweller. And it is waaaaay comfortable on the wrist. This is the 300... the 250 was the other model with the domed plexi crystal... as God intended all crystals to be. The beads of rice bracelet has these cool expanding links like a vintage Rolex expanding/riveted bracelet, but the links are not exposed to wrist hairs so they don't pinch. And I won't overstretch the bracelet, or break pins. What a clever design! The cushion case makes it looks visually much larger than it really is. The dial is not large, but the overall impression is of a big, impressive watch.

Thumbs up to Doxa! This thing is a 1000% winner all around.