When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Not so happy!

Marc283

Hello all,

Some weeks ago I ordered a watch from one of our collectors. The watch was DOA, there was a small piece of metal stuck to the back crystal (see through back). Made some pictures of it and mailed is to the collector. He told me it was a movementholder and should be a 5 min. fix. Because I don't know a repfriendly watchsmith and I don't own any watchtools nor have I the knowledge to repair it myself, the collector agreed that I could sent the watch back to him so he could fix it.

I sent the watch back an waited. Aprox. 3,5 weeks later my envelope came back, cut open and watch was gone. My shipment never made it to the collector.

I don't want to blame this on collector; this is not his fault nor is it mine. Just wanted to share!

[censored] like this happens sometimes I guess. :yuk:

Oooh...that sucks. I feel your pain. Would you believe this happened to me with an IWC CATALOGUE???

Hmm I hate that when your stuff gets stolen.... :angry:

Yes, it does happen & it is all part of the 'fun' of rep collecting.

On the positive side, most collectors factor shipping losses into their pricing & are usually happy to replace lost/stolen shipments.

Yes I know, but most of the times they replace your shipment when it gets stolen on the way to you.

In my case the watch got stolen on the way back to the collector. :thumbdown:

But i'm in good contact with the collector, he advised me to make a claim at the postoffice. I'll do that tommorow. See what happens.

it is the pain of loss that paints the stark, desolate backdrop against which successful shipments shine so brightly. All bs aside, I feel for you. I have been lucky and only had one loss in 3 years, but I still get tense every time, but it really does make it that much sweeter every time I open a package and see what I expected or better.