When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Super Avenger Rep

breitling&omega

hey Guys. I've been looking at the Super Avenger and see that it is much expensive than the Skyland version. I'm aware that the Skyland is the updated V2 version but how about the Super Avenger?? Is the current Super Avenger already the updated "better" version or are we still awaiting for the release of a V2 Super Avenger??

Btw, where can I get a red rubber strap instead of the black and blue.

thanks guys.

thanks guys. A little research on my part shows the 2008 Super Avenger has been given a make-over. Perhaps when the reps get caught up they can make some adjustments to improve the current rep.

Pic of the update here :

http://blog.breitlingsource.com/wp-content...04/po2d0071.jpg

Others here :

http://blog.breitlingsource.com/2008/04/09...ches-and-dials/

Edited by Bibbs

The SA comes in 2 flavors, the Arabic numerals and, new for '08, the stick markers/batons dial. Both are available concurrently.

Also, within the last few weeks or so, the white dial rep SA has been updated to match the correct bright white dial of the gen. The lume blobs are still terrible though.

I know this watch well, and yes CK, they do fvcking rock...hard. These are mine:

SAonOR.jpg

sillywrist.jpg

Edited by alanytical

An absolute beast of a watch. I have the white(ish) version and have to say I am 100% delighted with the purchase.

I have 2 SFSO's and a Chrono Evo, both are also superb. When I wear any of these for a few days then move to the SA the size of this watch is mindblowing. When you first put it on your wrist I defy anyone who has not experienced that wow factor.

Buy Buy Buy IMHO :D

It seems most with gen super avengers go for the white. Here on this forum, the skylands are usually chosen in black. You guys want to share your opinions which way to go for the super avenger? WHITE OR BLACK.

Both. You'll like the watch that much. Heck, Italiano bought all 3 colors and I can't blame him for doing it. If the baton dials were around I'd buy em in a flash.

I thought that gray was the popular Skyland, because so many had other black dial watches already.

Edited by alanytical

It seems most with gen super avengers go for the white.

I started off with a black-dialed gen because it "appeared" smaller. Perhaps it was the illusory effect. Also, in some angles it would actually appear "graphite-ish" because of the effect the AR has on it.

Breitling uses a 4-digit system and a revision code on their watches. I am purely speculating on the revision code, but the first four digits represent the manufacture code on the watch.

Example:

My gen SA black dial has a code of "4906 B5" Which is that the watch was produced on the 49th week of 2006 (December 2006). It has the big wings, so it is version "B". (small wings are version "A"). I don't know in which order the colors fall, but black dial must be code "5", hence the "B5".