When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PayPal Issue....Urgent....Please Advise

mwee

Ok.

I just received an email from paypal. They are saying I have exceeded the limit set on my paypal account and now need some verification of my identity before I can continue to use. This according to them, is due to anti-laundering policies. Guy, is this something to worry about? I tried logging into my paypal account but nothing is showing except a page asking me to go to resolutions where they are waiting for my copy of photo ID to be emaled or faxed to them. Is it alright to do it?

Thanks,

Ok.

I just received an email from paypal. They are saying I have exceeded the limit set on my paypal account and now need some verification of my identity before I can continue to use. This according to them, is due to anti-laundering policies. Guy, is this something to worry about? I tried logging into my paypal account but nothing is showing except a page asking me to go to resolutions where they are waiting for my copy of photo ID to be emaled or faxed to them. Is it alright to do it?

Thanks,

SOP .. they want to make sure your PP account is not being used by some hacker.. email them first and have them reply at the very least..

good luck..

I personaly dont think you have much to worry about. Depending on what type of account you have, you are limited to how many transactions you can recieve funds with. Paypal wants their comission for more than 5 or 6 transactions in a 12 month time period (or there abouts) I will bet that they want you to 'upgrade' to a premier account so they can get their cut. Now if you already have a premier account and have already verified, then I dont have any idea what they want.

Best of luck, let us know what happens.

-K

Alright,

i have received that i think around April this year when i exceeded 1000 euro due to the EU law they asked me to provide my valid ID with utility bil from the ID address.

In my case i have no way of doing this since my ID is not from the country i currently live and even when i made a local ID i do not have the utility bill in my name due to paying for the rent of the flat in bulk.

I have called the PP customer service trying to explain about this but to no resolution so my account is in this stage for quite some time still im using the PP. i have also got to know from the customer rep that the usage will be possible to amount of 2500 euro but if this will not be resolved till then they will close my account...

In my case im stuck ...

Laz

Just make sure that you do not follow the link to paypal from your email address. Log into paypal independently. Everything should be fine though...just provide what they ask.

Thanks guys.

I have had a few email conversation with them. Accordingly, this is actualy a local issue. Under the Singapore Monetary Authority rulings, this has to be done to ensure and monitor fraud and money laundering. Paypal has to abide by this. However,my account will still be usable for the time being even if I do not send in my details. Will probably just fax the details over to their office in Singapore.

Thanks for all the advice!

Mark

I had something similar a year ago, saying that I would have to change my account. I ignored it and nothing happened. I think it's just Paypal trying to get you to upgrade so they get more money out of you! They were implying I was a trading business, which of course I wasn't so I just ignored their first few emails, and never heard anything more.

I had something similar a year ago, saying that I would have to change my account. I ignored it and nothing happened. I think it's just Paypal trying to get you to upgrade so they get more money out of you! They were implying I was a trading business, which of course I wasn't so I just ignored their first few emails, and never heard anything more.

This sounds like a Paypal method.

Thanks guys.

I have had a few email conversation with them. Accordingly, this is actualy a local issue. Under the Singapore Monetary Authority rulings, this has to be done to ensure and monitor fraud and money laundering. Paypal has to abide by this. However,my account will still be usable for the time being even if I do not send in my details. Will probably just fax the details over to their office in Singapore.

Thanks for all the advice!

Mark

Glad that everything's fine, Mark...

I didn't get what you got though...

Maybe I do not spend as much as you! :p

Glad that everything's fine, Mark...

I didn't get what you got though...

Maybe I do not spend as much as you! :p

:D

the thing is, I don not understand nor like this. I am verified. My credit card has been verified. Hell, I hav even linked my account to my paypal for withdrawal purposes (which of course I never get to do as there are always some nice stuff here to tempt me!). I wushed they would have asked for this in the beginning when I opened an account.

Well, I guess I have no choice but will do as they requested but might just want to delay it as long as I can. As long as they do not suspend my account, I will probably just ignore it for a while and see what happens!

Thanks guys.

:D

the thing is, I don not understand nor like this. I am verified. My credit card has been verified. Hell, I hav even linked my account to my paypal for withdrawal purposes (which of course I never get to do as there are always some nice stuff here to tempt me!). I wushed they would have asked for this in the beginning when I opened an account.

Well, I guess I have no choice but will do as they requested but might just want to delay it as long as I can. As long as they do not suspend my account, I will probably just ignore it for a while and see what happens!

Thanks guys.

Well, i guess this is what we have to accept if we wish to continue using them... -_-

You must be a premier account holder too correct? I have my credit cards verified too. Getting a little OT now, but I am thinking of linking it with one of my bank accounts, but i have a noob question for you, dude - where do i look for to key in the bank codes? :huh:

ebay has been my trading platform for many years.. so here is my 2 cents

As soon as your paypal account is frozen, my advice is to provide everything they need and afer that keep emailing them everyday to follwo up (email them in customer services quoting the case number). Scan those requested documents (keep a copy in your harddisk) and send them via Paypal website. do not fax the documents. They will say that they didn't receive anything from you despite the fact that you have received their confirmation in paypal.

Just a couple of months ago, they froze around $4.8k in my paypal acc. I was stuck. The ebay buyer on the other hand keeps threatening to open a dispute case saying that i have received their payment but not shipping out the watch. I just keep calling the buyer in Italy every night comfort him - look I have 800+ transcations and 99% postive feedbacks. so, I also sweetened the deal by offering him service by my local watchamker and a leather strap. I also sent the box and paper by DHL in advance.

At the end, it all works out but me, as a customer still lose. You lose the trust with your vendor, the oppounity cost of having the money and invest in something else.

but anyway hope everything will turn out good for you.

ebay has been my trading platform for many years.. so here is my 2 cents

As soon as your paypal account is frozen, my advice is to provide everything they need and afer that keep emailing them everyday to follwo up (email them in customer services quoting the case number). Scan those requested documents (keep a copy in your harddisk) and send them via Paypal website. do not fax the documents. They will say that they didn't receive anything from you despite the fact that you have received their confirmation in paypal.

Just a couple of months ago, they froze around $4.8k in my paypal acc. I was stuck. The ebay buyer on the other hand keeps threatening to open a dispute case saying that i have received their payment but not shipping out the watch. I just keep calling the buyer in Italy every night comfort him - look I have 800+ transcations and 99% postive feedbacks. so, I also sweetened the deal by offering him service by my local watchamker and a leather strap. I also sent the box and paper by DHL in advance.

At the end, it all works out but me, as a customer still lose. You lose the trust with your vendor, the oppounity cost of having the money and invest in something else.

but anyway hope everything will turn out good for you.

Hi,

Thanks for the info. Well, the latest email just came from them. It looks like I have no choice as I have 14 days before they freeze my account. Spoke to a customer Rep and will fax the docs to her directly. Will follow up with her to make sure she receives it.

Anyway, have decided to spend all the rest of the balance in my paypal account, and also withdraw the link to my bank account and monitor what happens first before I decide whether to continue.

@Coolfire,

Not sure I understand what you mean by keying in bank codes, could you clarify?

Well, i guess this is what we have to accept if we wish to continue using them... -_-

You must be a premier account holder too correct? I have my credit cards verified too. Getting a little OT now, but I am thinking of linking it with one of my bank accounts, but i have a noob question for you, dude - where do i look for to key in the bank codes? :huh:

Bro,

Try the edit profile feature when you are in my account. Once you click , yoou will see financial information and from there you can see bank accounts and from there you can key in the details of your bank account.

Mark

Bro,

Try the edit profile feature when you are in my account. Once you click , yoou will see financial information and from there you can see bank accounts and from there you can key in the details of your bank account.

Mark

Ermm... what I meant was the Institution & Branch codes, bro... Not sure where to obtain this from... :p

OK. So I faxed in my details yesterday. Surprisingly, they have been very prompt in acknolwedging receipt of my docs and also this morning sent me another email to let me know that my account is now lifted off the warning status back to regular status again. So, all good!

Mark

OK. So I faxed in my details yesterday. Surprisingly, they have been very prompt in acknolwedging receipt of my docs and also this morning sent me another email to let me know that my account is now lifted off the warning status back to regular status again. So, all good!

Mark

Glad that this has ended well, dude! :)