When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

7750 power reserve

stevethebest

Hi guys,

I recently received my first Asian 7750 chrono. I noticed it has a very small power reserve: if I take the watch off in the evening after a full day use, it is always stopped in the morning. :huh:

Is this anything normal in your experience or is it my watch which has to be fixed? Notice that the movement keeps perfect time (+ 3 secs in 24 hrs), and I do not feel comfortable hand winding this kind of movement. Any advice?

I had a similar problem with my Skyland. About 6 hours of standby.

I put it down to being an office worker and the watch getting minimal winding time during the day. (I actually take my watch off when I'm working on the PC).

I manually wound (I know, I know) the watch slowly for quite a long time (100 winds). and now give it a gentle rotate (so I can feel the insides moving) for 30 secs several times a day.

It's been fine since.

Thanks friends.

I will probably visit a watchsmith this evening. Any of you have an idea of how much he could ask for a full service on this movement?

steve

It depends on what they call full service. A REAL full service (i.e. full breakdown, cleaning, reassembly with oiling) takes a few hours, and is about $200+ CDN. It seems expensive to some that haven't had a gen serviced before...but remember, this will give you 5 years+ of RELIABLE service.

Some simple dip lube servicings by people who are not really versed in 7750 movements (gen or rep) can be had for $50 CDN and are not recommended by The Zigmeister at all.

Read my Noob Guide for some links to power reserve and other A7750 posts:

Noob-Background.jpg

Thomson Highway on this board can do it in Europe.

The standard/benchmark is around 40hrs of power reserve. I have one that needs servicing that only lasts around 30hrs...I'll get it done in the future as I consider 30hrs good enough for now.