When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Retied watchmaker sales on ebay.

vizsladog

i bought one of these sets of 5 crowns and they are very nice.. no damage to the naked eye that cant be buffed out.. threads seem good too. A lot of the time when they service a watch they will just replace everything.. crown, tube, gaskets, bezel insert etc

Just be sure to email them and ask if they are the new style 24-703 or if they are the old style triplock 24-702. If they are the 702 style then you'll never find the tubs to fit them so forget it. the old tubes are about $200 compared to $15 for a new style tube. They are not interchangable.

i bought one of these sets of 5 crowns and they are very nice.. no damage to the naked eye that cant be buffed out.. threads seem good too. A lot of the time when they service a watch they will just replace everything.. crown, tube, gaskets, bezel insert etc

Just be sure to email them and ask if they are the new style 24-703 or if they are the old style triplock 24-702. If they are the 702 style then you'll never find the tubs to fit them so forget it. the old tubes are about $200 compared to $15 for a new style tube. They are not interchangable.

Thanks for the info.

So i need a 24-703 crown correct??

checkout SpinMaster's thread on gen crowns & tubes!

a few members had ordered from him, and i ordered a set my self a few days ago, i asked him about the "open NOS" parts and he verified these are guaranteed %100 gen rolex nos parts.

he ran out of the few sets he had, but than he posted that he can still source some if anybody will be interested

his thread:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...mp;#entry542473

PM him and ask if he can get you the crown you want.

hope i helped

db1

I'm looking for a gen crwon for my euromariner and i keep seeing all these retired watchmaker bulk crowns for sale.

anyone else notice this???

when i read your topic i thought you were going to mention that "retired" watchmaker that had a sub crown listed for $399. Item 130266594247. does that seller think we are retarded?

Anyway, I know what seller you are thinking about. his crowns are good. He will even confirm what case/model you are looking for..

What I see happening is the periodic dumping of large lots by a few sources, such as Watchco. They will frequently sell 50+ pieces at a time. These are picked up by resellers like jewelerstools and suissetime, who then resell in smaller lots (1-5 pieces), at a huge profit.

And on and on it goes...

How Watchco continues to source large amounts of service parts is a mystery to me. (For that matter, I am bewildered by their consistent supply of NOS Omega parts...Obviously, Omega is continuing to manufacture certain vintage parts).

some sellers on ebay put really funny price tags on their gen parts, sometimes it even gets me angry to see a used sub bezel, not anything rare or vintage, with tons of scratches all over it, being sold for over $150+ or crowns/tubes for over $250 each, etc..

none of these were rare parts, nothing to get too excited about- but still sold for too much!

i guess that as long as they find someone that is willing to pay that much money- they will keep selling parts at insane rates.