When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6.75 Chrono

bvc

Hey guys, wonder if you could help. got a week old bentley 6.75 and the chrono worked fine till just now. (used it 3 or 4 times, I haven't been playing with it) and the reset button at the bottom has stopped working. chrono starts with a nice click of the button but now there is no click for the reset button. pressed about 10 times and it reset. defo a problem. feels like it has come away from something. is this an easy fix or is it b*ggered? would appreciate your help

bvc.

Maybe too obvious but....did you press 'stop' before trying to reset? Otherwise reset won't work.

yeh bro. the bottom button (reset) just goes in now. its not catching on anything, no click, just a springy feeling if that makes sense.

yeh bro. the bottom button (reset) just goes in now. its not catching on anything, no click, just a springy feeling if that makes sense.

Yes, it makes sese. Problem is probably the chrono cam. It could have come lose in which case you should hear something when you shake the watch. If not the cam is probably jammed. Just open it up to see what is going on. Post a macro pic and I will try to help you further.

Use this to unscrew the case back , I don't know the proper English term :)

663xb1.jpg

You should have posted this in the 'repair and upgrade' section. You will probably get more usefull response threre. Shoot a PM to a Mod and ask if they will move it there.

Hey rolexman. thanks for the advice and offer of help. I just got back from the watchsmith. He has told me the chrono hammer is sittin to far from the reset button (not by much but enough to stop the button hitting it.) if you press reset about 10 or 20 times it will just catch. Cant repair it so gonna have to speak to dealer. Its not stuck just not in right position.

bvc.

Hey rolexman. thanks for the advice and offer of help. I just got back from the watchsmith. He has told me the chrono hammer is sittin to far from the reset button (not by much but enough to stop the button hitting it.) if you press reset about 10 or 20 times it will just catch. Cant repair it so gonna have to speak to dealer. Its not stuck just not in right position.

bvc.

I doubt it's the hammer. 9 out of 10 the chrono cam is just gummed up. Most a7750s are full of dirt and dibree. Let your watchmaker remove the chronocam and clean it in an ultrasonic cleaner... that will do the trick.

I doubt it's the hammer. 9 out of 10 the chrono cam is just gummed up. Most a7750s are full of dirt and dibree. Let your watchmaker remove the chronocam and clean it in an ultrasonic cleaner... that will do the trick.

Ok buddy. Its wierd i found two watchsmiths who were happy to work on fakes, when i called them. then when they see the watch they seem to change their minds. do you think they are p*ssed at the quality or maybe my breath just stinks.

the last guy, informed me he was not a watchsmith but a horologist. said over the phone changing datewheels wouldnt be a problem then when he sees it says its to risky coz of the hands having to be removed!!!!!!!