When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bezel Gasket

vlydog

Greetings,

This may be hard to explain so please bear with me.

I am looking for a rubber bezel gasket that was originally part of a 16800 sub that I purchased this summer. If I am correct, this sub was built on a TW's best chasse. The gasket was removed when the bezel was taken off for an insert modification. The gasket was never put back on casing the bezel to rock slightly; a minor annoyance for this beautiful sub.

I was told by the previous owner that this gasket my only be used on rep watches and not on the gen models.

I certainly would appreciate any help I could get in identifying and locating this rubber gasket.

Thank you.

Looks something like this:

rubbergasketstv5.jpg

w640.png

Those gaskets are for the case back. I have never seen anything like this installed with a bezel. In fact, the only gasket that I know of near the bezel is the crystal gasket which doesn't look anything like the rubber "O" ring type gaskets pictured. I imagine that the loose bezel you described is more likely due to a loose bezel retaining spring (hexagonal shaped wire) that may have been compromised when the bezel was removed an reinstalled. BTW, It should not be necessary to remove the bezel to modify a bezel insert.

Actually the gen assembly has a gasket which sits under the bottom compression ring of the 16800 bezel assembly. The ring has a small groove on the bottom side and the rubber gasket sits in that groove. You install the crystal and white nylon gasket, seat the rubber gasket in the groove and press on the compression ring with a press. Install the click spring, flat washer and bezel and insert and you're done.

Assembly is the same for both the 16800 and the 16610. If it is different for the TW Best, I guess you could try to order an assortment of gaskets from Ofrei or Jules Borel and hopefully get the right size.

finding a specific o-ring is hard! i bought 2 assortments, they didnt mention sizes, but they were all too small! i am hunting for caseback orings for my 7016 sub. bought some 29-325-10's that i figured might fit, but just my luck =/ they are a tad too big.

Actually the gen assembly has a gasket which sits under the bottom compression ring of the 16800 bezel assembly. The ring has a small groove on the bottom side and the rubber gasket sits in that groove. You install the crystal and white nylon gasket, seat the rubber gasket in the groove and press on the compression ring with a press. Install the click spring, flat washer and bezel and insert and you're done.

Assembly is the same for both the 16800 and the 16610. If it is different for the TW Best, I guess you could try to order an assortment of gaskets from Ofrei or Jules Borel and hopefully get the right size.

Thank you. So what would be the correct term for what I need or part number?