When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Service and Repair of Reps in UK?

W. N. Mates

Hi,

surely none of my business, but the recent events with watchsmithes promising to be the Nirvana for our reps turned into a silly drama.

It makes sense that the admins have a view on any person claiming he's providing services of any kind. Before a watchsmith or modder comes through, he should be approved, i.e. tested succesfully by several members, and somehow at least the Admins should have his full datas, just in case something wrong happens. We're not under the same regulations as any legal business, so someone has to protect us from our own enthusiasm... or naivety.

I would love to have established watchsmithes or modders in the E.U., but the fact is that there isn't any, at least any able to have a large scale business for the boards members (you can be good at one task, it's more difficult to be good at many tasks for everyone).

Take the example of AR coating : the day someone pops up and prooves to be skillful enough for such a job, he will be immediately flooded with dozens of job requests : he must be prepared to.

I sincerely hope this thread could bring some new hope for the E.U. (here in this case U.K.) community. It would be well deserved. But we must be very careful.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic