When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

is johng banned ?

oscarmadfish

Well not yet. Still no decision from Admin or the mods, so I might still be banned yet.

I have felt a little awkward posting. I still feel like [censored] about what I did. However, I think my real sin was against Phil, whose situation I didn't know and who clearly took the whole thing hard. As to the others, obviously I am sorry to those whose relationships with Phil I damaged. But I hardly think that all of those I imitated were put through some sort of terrible trauma. It was a prank, it went too far, and I apologized, sincerely. Not because I was about to be caught (I wasn't), but because I realized what I had done to Phil, and it sickened me.

That said, I am starting to put this into some perspective. When some disk jockey calls Sarah Palin pretending he is Nicolas Sarkozy and makes her look like a fool, everyone laughs. But from some, my prank, which, while it went on too long, was EXACTLY the same type of hoax, has earned me harsher words than I have seen handed out to most scammers.

I made a mistake and I apologized. If the team here at RWG.cc wants to sanction me in some way, I will take my licks. But I think I am done handing abuse out to myself or taking it from a bunch of hypocrites.

JohnG is back.

Well not yet. Still no decision from Admin or the mods, so I might still be banned yet.

I have felt a little awkward posting. I still feel like [censored] about what I did. However, I think my real sin was against Phil, whose situation I didn't know and who clearly took the whole thing hard. As to the others, obviously I am sorry to those whose relationships with Phil I damaged. But I hardly think that all of those I imitated were put through some sort of terrible trauma. It was a prank, it went too far, and I apologized, sincerely. Not because I was about to be caught (I wasn't), but because I realized what I had done to Phil, and it sickened me.

That said, I am starting to put this into some perspective. When some disk jockey calls Sarah Palin pretending he is Nicolas Sarkozy and makes her look like a fool, everyone laughs. But from some, my prank, which, while it went on too long, was EXACTLY the same type of hoax, has earned me harsher words than I have seen handed out to most scammers.

I made a mistake and I apologized. If the team here at RWG.cc wants to sanction me in some way, I will take my licks. But I think I am done handing abuse out to myself or taking it from a bunch of hypocrites.

JohnG is back.

:D :D :D :D

Good to have you back, mate....

No kidding,how silly it was to see.

The thing is,the people that attacked you for it were the people that automatically assumed it was Klink behind it....never considered that it might be a prankster,nope,it was klink,thats it.

Now those same people are saying 'poor Klink' etc..... :rofl:

It wasn't you John,it was them.

I think this episode, it's fall out, and the Sarah Palin/Sarkozy prank were all equally sophomoric and are all vying hard for nomination of biggest Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz thread(s) to date.

Nah, there are at least three or four recent threads that were more boring. Take this one for example:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=86688

johng:

HISTORY WORD: Demsey, myself and a few oldtimers will recall this famous incident which reminds me of your recent travesties. The most in-your-face young 20 something poster, RYA, attended a So. California G2G which I think to date is still the largest RWG ever held (9 members). I had met RYA in LA F2F a couple of times on trips and he was way too smart, intelligent, and sarcastic about life for his age, like you, I guess it comes with the territory. (Before RWG1 went down Demsey recently used RYA's avatar which was a pic of RYA's ex-girlfriend as his own avatar as an inside joke) At this famous G2G, Klink (Phil) also attended and by the pictures I can tell you that he does look exactly like the Klink character from Hogan's Heroes, hence probably why he adopted the nick! Also in attendance was dlgates (Dave Gates) the highest most esteemed RWG member that ever was, he recently surfaced in this POST (Only viewable by Platinum members) after disappearing for a couple of years due to cancer. After the G2G Dave Gates invited RYA for a few more drinks at Dave's friend's house where he was staying (Dave was visiting from Texas). RYA got on Dave's computer while he wasn't looking and posted some pretty rude posts on the forum under Dave's identity. Even for RWG1, if you can imagine, the membership was outraged. The result, everyone just shrugged it off, even without an apology from RYA since everyone knew he could care less and was just chuckling to himself that he was even more in-your-face than his usual manner and was never banned, this was much worse than what you did. RYA later had another incident where he posted his suicide note on the forum, you'd think the membership would have reacted with a "cry wolf too many times" mentality but everyone rallied around. Even TTK (Neil) and myself with a couple of personal phone calls to RYA and his parents confirmed that it was real.

What's my point of this? The mentality of this forum, where a lot of those members from then are still around here, is non-judgmental. Glad to see you back to form, but I think you need to concentrate that extra nervous energy on getting a more tolerant clone of the RWG1 Insane Asylum up and running before the good nature of the admin wears out.

I know you don't drink but I have several different sides to my online personality and the drunken part misses the free-for-all, thus for that part I'm forced to visit this Looney Bin. Well, time to down this martini and shake another, if you hadn't caught my recent off-topic post HERE you'll see it is a reflection that my semi-retirement is semi-boring and as commented on, I have too much time on my hands now.

Cheers.

What's my point of this? The mentality of this forum, where a lot of those members from then are still around here, is non-judgmental. Glad to see you back to form, but I think you need to concentrate that extra nervous energy on getting a more tolerant clone of the RWG1 Insane Asylum up and running before the good nature of the admin wears out.

I know you don't drink but I have several different sides to my online personality and the drunken part misses the free-for-all, thus for that part I'm forced to visit this Looney Bin.

Cheers.

Hang in there, Omni - it's happening. There will be an announcement before too much longer.

johng:

HISTORY WORD: Demsey, myself and a few oldtimers will recall this famous incident which reminds me of your recent travesties. The most in-your-face young 20 something poster, RYA, attended a So. California G2G which I think to date is still the largest RWG ever held (9 members). I had met RYA in LA F2F a couple of times on trips and he was way too smart, intelligent, and sarcastic about life for his age, like you, I guess it comes with the territory. (Before RWG1 went down Demsey recently used RYA's avatar which was a pic of RYA's ex-girlfriend as his own avatar as an inside joke) At this famous G2G, Klink (Phil) also attended and by the pictures I can tell you that he does look exactly like the Klink character from Hogan's Heroes, hence probably why he adopted the nick! Also in attendance was dlgates (Dave Gates) the highest most esteemed RWG member that ever was, he recently surfaced in this POST (Only viewable by Platinum members) after disappearing for a couple of years due to cancer. After the G2G Dave Gates invited RYA for a few more drinks at Dave's friend's house where he was staying (Dave was visiting from Texas). RYA got on Dave's computer while he wasn't looking and posted some pretty rude posts on the forum under Dave's identity. Even for RWG1, if you can imagine, the membership was outraged. The result, everyone just shrugged it off, even without an apology from RYA since everyone knew he could care less and was just chuckling to himself that he was even more in-your-face than his usual manner and was never banned, this was much worse than what you did. RYA later had another incident where he posted his suicide note on the forum, you'd think the membership would have reacted with a "cry wolf too many times" mentality but everyone rallied around. Even TTK (Neil) and myself with a couple of personal phone calls to RYA and his parents confirmed that it was real.

I know you don't drink but I have several different sides to my online personality and the drunken part misses the free-for-all, thus for that part I'm forced to visit this Looney Bin. Well, time to down this martini and shake another, if you hadn't caught my recent off-topic post HERE you'll see it is a reflection that my semi-retirement is semi-boring and as commented on, I have too much time on my hands now.

Cheers.

Ahh, the memories.....................

A very good parallel(s) JB. I remember both of those occaisions. It were in a political thread that Rya posted as Dave. Right off the bat, in the opener, Rya referenced the majority of contributors; " ............O'Reilly diatribe clones............." and then dropped the F-bomb a few times. Then tipped his hand; "............Dave and I drink Scotch and smoke Macanudo's like men!"

Good times, good times. And it hasn't changed a bit. Mmmmm, maybe the prostate a little more enlarged.

Regardless, like you, I've largely moved away from 'replica'. Still have a good collection of the Rollies, a broad smathering from the worst; the onlinereplicastore.com POS Submariner that brought me to RWG in the first place, to some very good latter examples that we would have not believed would ever exist in '04 and a pen. I still enjoy them as talismans of the 'journey' and not anything of zeitgeist or faux prestige, or time keepers per se`. They represent milestones when a collective pulled for 'community' and a gift came with a simple requisite; "......I hope this gesture will rub off and a like kind motion to anybody by you; encouragement to a youngster, picking an errant fishhook out of someone's ass, sharing a cigar with a poor Cuban, helping a red-faced drunk Chinaman up off a bar floor, help a noob find a watch, you never know................no good deed will go unpunished and it will make it's way back home............" Certainly words to live a lifetime by, but with regard to the noobs? They are are better off in others' hands that are closer to the the 'thing'. Other than my affinity to swim downstream to the sea when the other salmon are heading up, the latter premise is why I took a stand on RWG these years and demured rwgjr. A promise in post past to pay it forward there until it were no more. Like Replica-Watches-Guide.com, I consider that closed, whole, complete, and of good Karma. Adi-[censored]in'-os! I'll just focus on that Cuban now and those other things.

Demsey.jpg

Towit; I don't suppose I will be making it upstairs Ken. You PMed me in '06 that this here was as good as RWG in it's prime. By cursory examination I would say you, TT, Alan, Bob, By-Tor et al, have bettered it. Without a doubt, it is the 'premier' of the genre. All along I had assumed as much and sent them here by scores, those who had been pulled from the shark infested waters of 'internet replica' but found small solace on the Flying Dutchman and with it's scurvy crew. Job well done to you! Now that I am registered I will certainly stop by to howdja' do, as turn around for you and those who did the same these years on RWG, even if they/you had to hold their noses below decks.

Which will bring me to the acknowledgement, and since Greg has tipped the hand, the Phoenix perhaps has not risen, but a new world from the shambles of the old? All comers welcomed. Humanity wanted. Leave NOTHING at the door save facades and expectations. Show your watches, your wives' breasts, tell tale tales, fall down drunk. But it never happened without pics.

Like that other Chinaman said too;

"Run, DMC, Run"

Life is like a box of Granola.....you'll never know what fruit, flakes, and nuts you'll run into."

'Greg r' as Fagin, a better suited Webmaster for the miscreants could never be found. Not a 'half full' personality, but to the brim and bottomless. Not thick skinned, but untouchable. Missiles and arrows are to be marvelled at as sublimely aerodynamic 'things' than having their own malcontent. See no enemy for the skilled archer.

Camaraderie and true, well woven cord is what happens when people gather. "Do what thou wilt" the whole of the law. Given time, it will be done. And well.

Of course, in a fortnight, we could all be standing around the zinc water cooler in Guyana with a cup of Cherry Cool-Aid. Meh, no such thing as bad publicity.

Onward!

Edited by Chancellor

Ahh, the memories.....................

small solace on the Flying Dutchman and with it's scurvy crew.

Onward!

Gad Dems, we sound like a buncha ol'crazies, (well, I guess we are) and the posse rides again. Seeya on the lime sucking scurvy crew side :surrender: as we set sail again, a bit juiced up with all the limes and gin. Its martini time and I have to take my leave here and go to the romper room, I should shut-up at his point-in-time but Jekyll has just fallen down drunk and Mr. Hyde picked my nose just now. "RWG Redeux" where untied straight-jackets are the uniform of the day and everyone has a flamethrower. This should now be my last visit to the Looney Bin here, no need anymore. However, anything that resembles WIS knowledge in the essence of the "prime RWG directive" of steering the populous away from scam websites, and whatever braincells that make sense will still be posted by me upstairs. RWG.cc is still my watch home.