When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New V3 euromariner

cht

Just arrived today.

The Clark crystal looks pretty good, and the bezel doesn't sit terribly high.

:)

dsc0172hq9.jpg

dsc0169eo7.jpg\

gen for comparison

subdatea7xw2.jpg

Since this is my first rep, I was wondering are these easy things to fix and are these normal variations to find on my watch?

And, are the noob bracelets notorious for being a pain to open the clasp? (my thumbnail has battle wounds already lol!)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else see what I see...LUGHOLES. I thought this was supposed to be a rep of a current model 16610?

Other than that, I think it looks real good except for the oozing glue around the pearl, and that can be cleaned up. The crown guards look a little too thick (common sub rep issue again), but that can be fixed as well. The clasp just sounds as if it is stiff from being new and would eventuall wear in. Considering this was your first rep purchase, you did real good IMO.

Enjoy your new toy.

Cheers B)

Edit: I just noticed you got this from Eurotimez (I thought it was from WM9), and I remember seeing subs' on his site that have case lug holes (exclusive to Eurotimez apparently).

Crooked dial is the big one....and the scratches on the bezel give me the impression it's pretty delicate.

:(

Any suggestions as to what can I use to take the glue off that won't hurt the bezel?

Goo gone too strong?

Edited by cht

Oh, well maybe its just my eyesight, but I don't see where the dial is that off, not that I doubt you, it just looks fine to me. The scratches on the bezel I thought was some lint. Goo gone would probably get the whole pearl to come off (no biggie, just glue it back on, with less glue), but I don't know if the goo gone would hurt the finish of the bezel insert, maybe someone else can testify. It may be more feasible to just replace the insert with an aftermarket one from ebay (wholesale outlet) and a pearl from ebay (watchmaterial). This is a common mod many do to improve their subs. Anyone else for suggestions?

i thought Chris at eurotimez QCs his products

maybe contact him and ask for a replacement.

Yup, it has a little handwritten qc sticker on it.

Currently I'm waiting on his reply.

If it's easy (for a noob mind you!) to adjust the dial and remove the glue without harming the bezel; than I'd rather do that than send it back and wait another 3 wks for a replacement and give him the hassle if it's unnecessary.

post-17400-1227144062_thumb.jpg

Edited by cht

Anyone else see what I see...LUGHOLES. I thought this was supposed to be a rep of a current model 16610?

Other than that, I think it looks real good except for the oozing glue around the pearl, and that can be cleaned up. The crown guards look a little too thick (common sub rep issue again), but that can be fixed as well. The clasp just sounds as if it is stiff from being new and would eventuall wear in. Considering this was your first rep purchase, you did real good IMO.

Enjoy your new toy.

Cheers B)

Edit: I just noticed you got this from Eurotimez (I thought it was from WM9), and I remember seeing subs' on his site that have case lug holes (exclusive to Eurotimez apparently).

If i remember correctly it's the V4 that dosen't have the lug holes ;) .

Cheers,

Steve

If i remember correctly it's the V4 that dosen't have the lug holes ;) .

Cheers,

Steve

I took notice of that because I need a modern Sub case with lugholes to build a 16800.

Anyway, to cht, does the winding stem/crown line up with the case tube so the crown screws down nice and smooth? If not, the movement may be a little twisted inside the case. If you are confident enough, remove the caseback (a wad of sticky tape or rubber ball works great for this of you don't have the propoer wrench), there are two screws holding down small metal tabs against the inside of the case, these are the case clamps. With a jewelers size screw driver, just slightly loosen the two screws (don't remove them), and sligtly twist the movement until it aligns better and then tighted up the screws. Be careful on your selection of screwdriver, make sure the screwdriver fits the head of the screw properly and be careful on getting any lint or dust in while the caseback is off. If the movement is straight in the case already, I suspect that the factory tried to compensate for the date wheel not aligning in the window by slightly rotating the dial a bit, this would make it more tricky to fix.

I understand why you would not want to send it back since it is always a crap shoot when sending these watches to another country, and you already waited awhile to get this on in the first place. Although, if you feel uncomfortable in fixing it yourself, don't try, contact Chris to see what you can work out.

Good Luck B)

I took notice of that because I need a modern Sub case with lugholes to build a 16800.

Anyway, to cht, does the winding stem/crown line up with the case tube so the crown screws down nice and smooth?

I understand why you would not want to send it back since it is always a crap shoot when sending these watches to another country, and you already waited awhile to get this on in the first place. Although, if you feel uncomfortable in fixing it yourself, don't try, contact Chris to see what you can work out.

Good Luck B)

Yeah, now that you mention it and I think about it, this explains perfectly why the crown is a pain to screw down.

At first I thought it just had rep gunk on the thread, but after cleaning (which helped a little) it was still not remedied.

It takes several times to get it to go.

Sometimes I don't even close it down because I am afraid to strip the crown tube or crown itself.

If you are confident enough, remove the caseback (a wad of sticky tape or rubber ball works great for this of you don't have the propoer wrench), there are two screws holding down small metal tabs against the inside of the case, these are the case clamps. With a jewelers size screw driver, just slightly loosen the two screws (don't remove them), and sligtly twist the movement until it aligns better and then tighted up the screws. Be careful on your selection of screwdriver, make sure the screwdriver fits the head of the screw properly and be careful on getting any lint or dust in while the caseback is off. If the movement is straight in the case already, I suspect that the factory tried to compensate for the date wheel not aligning in the window by slightly rotating the dial a bit, this would make it more tricky to fix.

Good Luck B)

well, I borrowed this pic (thank you toad!) to illustrate this for verification in case I am to be adventurous.

cimg3670vh7.jpg

All I need to do is loosen these two screws?

Seems pretty easy...(says the noob!)

And if goo gone will clear up the bezel, I think I should be in good shape.

The pearl itself doesn't look too bad. I already bought a WM, but it looks like it wasn't qc'd very well either, so this one looks ok IMO.

Anyone want to drill bigger lug holes!?!?!

:)

the crooked dial is the first thing i noticed. IT IS an easy fix, just proceed slowly and remember how and where everything went. maybe get a new insert with watch material pearl and youre good to go.

I was kind of wondering where Chris has been at, i cant seem to get a reply from him its been maybe a week and 2 emails and i've talked with him before so I know its not a junk email problem.

I don't think that loosening the clamps and trying to shift the movement is going to do anything The movement has to be lined up in order for the crown to fit in the tube. There is no way around it. Your dials looks out of alignment and I doubt it is the movement. Either the dial feet are slightly off on the dial, or the dial has no feet and it is just attached with double sided tape. But by all means, give loosening the clamps a shot.

the crooked dial is the first thing i noticed. IT IS an easy fix, just proceed slowly and remember how and where everything went. maybe get a new insert with watch material pearl and youre good to go.

I was kind of wondering where Chris has been at, i cant seem to get a reply from him its been maybe a week and 2 emails and i've talked with him before so I know its not a junk email problem.

I have a Gen ETA V3 Euromariner that was delivered the day before Cht's one, I emailed Chris with a few problems about 5hrs before he posted this thread up, and have yet to year a reply from

Chris.....

I also mailed him twice 2 weeks ago and have not had a reply...... I just hope all is well the the Eurotimez camp!

Will post up details of the ETA V3 soon but will give Chris another week to reply before i do as its only fair to give the guy a chance sort things out.

With regards to Cht, you take it easy young man! hope you know what your doing inside that watch........lol

;)

I don't think that loosening the clamps and trying to shift the movement is going to do anything The movement has to be lined up in order for the crown to fit in the tube. There is no way around it. Your dials looks out of alignment and I doubt it is the movement. Either the dial feet are slightly off on the dial, or the dial has no feet and it is just attached with double sided tape. But by all means, give loosening the clamps a shot.

Well, my crown doesn't fit so well.

It's is a pain to screw down, almost like it's impossible to.

So, hopefully this symptom is stemming from the rotated movement issue.

With regards to Cht, you take it easy young man! hope you know what your doing inside that watch........lol

;)

lol, me too!

Well, I'm going to wait till I hear from Chris before I touch anything on this watch.

cheers!

Well, my crown doesn't fit so well.

It's is a pain to screw down, almost like it's impossible to.

So, hopefully this symptom is stemming from the rotated movement issue.

lol, me too!

Well, I'm going to wait till I hear from Chris before I touch anything on this watch.

cheers!

Sounds like a plan, I hope everything works out well for you. :)

my dial arrived slightly crooked as well, but fixed it by rotating it slightly in the case while still screwed to the movement. just remove the crown and stem first line up the dial and lock it down via the clamps when all's aligned. Then finally replace the stem and crown by using the push button. worked for me, hopefully it'll work for you. research a few procedures and tutorials here first, and become confident with them. look for ajoesmiths movement swap tutorial for reference and to help you.

GL

my dial arrived slightly crooked as well, but fixed it by rotating it slightly in the case while still screwed to the movement. just remove the crown and stem first line up the dial and lock it down via the clamps when all's aligned. Then finally replace the stem and crown by using the push button. worked for me, hopefully it'll work for you. research a few procedures and tutorials here first, and become confident with them. look for ajoesmiths movement swap tutorial for reference and to help you.

GL

Awesome, thanks for the info.

I've been practicing on a few cheap watches. I really enjoy taking them apart and reassembling them. I rotated one asain movement slightly and it screwed the crown all up.

It would not run when you wound it down, or it would start and stop and weird times during the time/date setting procedure.

It seems that the tolerance for the stem line is very small!

This makes me afraid to try it on this watch.

How noisy should a DG4813 be?

ticking? rotor?

Mine is very noisy. I can hear it ticking from a mile away.

Oh well, still waiting to hear back from Chris.

Until then, I'm out over $300 and 3 weeks for a watch I wouldn't even wear.

:(

4813 rotor is very loud when it spins, whirring and rattling, i may try some grease on my bearings. ticking is same as ETA in my opinion. if it ticks very loudly it needs a servicing of oils, defntly if it runs very inaccurately. I can only hear my ETA at about 12" from my ear and very faintly, only if there is no other noise in the room

Ok, thanks.

It's not terribly inaccurate ,loses a few minutes or so a day.

I wonder if the eta's second hand are a little jittery as they move around the dial. I know they tick 8 bpm, but it doesn't look smooth on the 4813. (this is only under close inspection of a WIS of course!!!)

It the eta's have a nice smooth sweep I might invest in one in the future.

Hope Chris from ET is doing ok. He is an asset to this community and is missed!

i too have some problems with the QC of this batch of euromariner

here are some pictures of the problems

1) clark crystal's date mag not aligned with the crown guard

IMG_0121-1.jpg

2) mis alignment of the dial (fixed!)

none since its fixed

3) tiny nick on the bezel

IMG_0106-1.jpg

4) scratched or rusted clasp (at the end of the clasp, not noticeable if not looked at carefully)

IMG_0104-1.jpg

5) wrong markings on the back plates!!! (WHERE THE HELL is the QC from EuroTimez that everyone keeps talking about?)

IMG_0120-1.jpg

i too have some problems with the QC of this batch of euromariner

here are some pictures of the problems

1) clark crystal's date mag not aligned with the crown guard

IMG_0121-1.jpg

2) mis alignment of the dial (fixed!)

none since its fixed

3) tiny nick on the bezel

IMG_0106-1.jpg

4) scratched or rusted clasp (at the end of the clasp, not noticeable if not looked at carefully)

IMG_0104-1.jpg

5) wrong markings on the back plates!!! (WHERE THE HELL is the QC from EuroTimez that everyone keeps talking about?)

IMG_0120-1.jpg

shitnerand!?!?!?

wtf is SHITnerand!?