When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New V3 euromariner

cht

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine says the same inside......and how come my serial number is the same as yours?

post-17285-1227703394_thumb.jpg

Is that how the chinese spell

Geneva

Switzerland??

Gelena

SHITinterand?

Thats pretty bad man!...........infact thats f***ing really bad....this is getting worse and worse.

to think we paid 1/2 a grand for this watch...

lets just hope chris will take care of us...

Mine says the same inside......and how come my serial number is the same as yours?

post-17285-1227703394_thumb.jpg

Is that how the chinese spell

Geneva

Switzerland??

Gelena

SHITinterand?

Thats pretty bad man!...........infact thats f***ing really bad....this is getting worse and worse.

Tub mate, just think of the GEN watches you could have bought for $530!!

if you knew half of the stuff wrong with mine you would Sh*t yourself!

He is getting back to me today, and I have a full email prepared as I said earlier for

my review if this is not resolved, I hope Chris comes back with good news, because

I'm feeling pretty sick right now.

Man, you guys are like a bunch of crybabies! A nick on your bezel, Gelena Shitiner... heck I can't even spell it. You guys want perfection for $300-500. Buy a GD genuine watch and quit you nit-picking.

The Euromariner is an MBW/MBK case- they've always been marked like that- used to say original polex design- at least now they say Rolex between the lugs. You're not fooling anyone once they open the case so what's the big deal.

Movements- no matter which movement you buy- ETA, 4813, 2813, it doesn't matter- they all may need a servicing, some sooner than later. When you buy a rep, that's the chance you take. It's not the dealers fault, they come from the factory like that. Get a watchsmith to service your movement if it's making funny sounds. And sweep second hand is really a misnomer- a real Rolex, an ETA and a DG4813 all sweep the same- I promise you- 28.8K. Can't fade the heat- buy a gen.

The Euromariners are great watches, but they need some mods to make them kick-a$$. Trim the crown guards, drill the lugholes to correct size on the V3, better pearl in the bezel insert- better yet w/ a gen insert, maybe a Clark's crystal. But these watches are a far sight better than what we had even a year ago.

You guys can learn alot around here- just stick around and keep reading. And while you're at it, contribute some money.

Man, you guys are like a bunch of crybabies! A nick on your bezel, Gelena Shitiner... heck I can't even spell it. You guys want perfection for $300-500. Buy a GD genuine watch and quit you nit-picking.

The Euromariner is an MBW/MBK case- they've always been marked like that- used to say original polex design- at least now they say Rolex between the lugs. You're not fooling anyone once they open the case so what's the big deal.

Movements- no matter which movement you buy- ETA, 4813, 2813, it doesn't matter- they all may need a servicing, some sooner than later. When you buy a rep, that's the chance you take. It's not the dealers fault, they come from the factory like that. Get a watchsmith to service your movement if it's making funny sounds. And sweep second hand is really a misnomer- a real Rolex, an ETA and a DG4813 all sweep the same- I promise you- 28.8K. Can't fade the heat- buy a gen.

The Euromariners are great watches, but they need some mods to make them kick-a$$. Trim the crown guards, drill the lugholes to correct size on the V3, better pearl in the bezel insert- better yet w/ a gen insert, maybe a Clark's crystal. But these watches are a far sight better than what we had even a year ago.

You guys can learn alot around here- just stick around and keep reading. And while you're at it, contribute some money.

LOL!

Funny....... hey......I did contribute money.....I'm all paid up my man!!

Oh and How hard it is to spell bloody ROLEX.

POLEX? WTF if they get get it right on the face, then get it right on the back.

It not rocket science is it!

And some of us HAVE read ...........a LOT!!.........and when I see happy faces all over the place and other peoples watches being

all tickerty boo......then it hacks me off that I paid double for a "superior version" and got a lesser watch.

Thats what hacks me off.

Did you see how many ref's to a watch I put in there?

See.....i even think like a watch......now I'm getting ticked off so I off for a coffee in a minute.

Hope thats Clarks Crystal clear with a crown on top.

:)

ummm its not even POLEX

it actually says POLFY

and for the nick on the bezel... it is the fault of eurotimez not mine. the watch did not come with any sort of protection on the watch head. Only the bracelet had plastic wrapping on it.

heck, i paid a premium just for eurotimez's QC (which is not existent with this batch btw) and i expect at my watch to come to me not nicked.

If i knew i'd be paying 515USD for this POLFY sub, i'd rather buy a noobmariner instead.

LOL!

Funny....... hey......I did contribute money.....I'm all paid up my man!!

Oh and How hard it is to spell bloody ROLEX.

POLEX? WTF if they get get it right on the face, then get it right on the back.

It not rocket science is it!

And some of us HAVE read ...........a LOT!!.........and when I see happy faces all over the place and other peoples watches being

all tickerty boo......then it hacks me off that I paid double for a "superior version" and got a lesser watch.

Thats what hacks me off.

Did you see how many ref's to a watch I put in there?

See.....i even think like a watch......now I'm getting ticked off so I off for a coffee in a minute.

Hope thats Clarks Crystal clear with a crown on top.

:)

ummm its not even POLEX

it actually says POLFY

and for the nick on the bezel... it is the fault of eurotimez not mine. the watch did not come with any sort of protection on the watch head. Only the bracelet had plastic wrapping on it.

heck, i paid a premium just for eurotimez's QC (which is not existent with this batch btw) and i expect at my watch to come to me not nicked.

If i knew i'd be paying 515USD for this POLFY sub, i'd rather buy a noobmariner instead.

What does POLEX rhyme with? if you were in the UK then I think you might have a good word for that.

I'm actually sat here laughing now........POLFY!?

POLEX

ROLEX......Its just missing the little bit on the R

POLFY

ROLEX..........LMAO........how can that be so wrong?

im no expert. but i do know what QC stands for....

and guess what, i spent half a grand for a watch and i do expect it to come not scratched, rusted or nicked.

alligoat, im sure if you were one of the buyers like us, u'd be [censored] too.

so please stop telling us to stop being crybabies.

your not the one who spent 500 dollars on a rep ROLEX and got a rep POLFY.

I guess I forgot- you've been here a month! What does that make you- an expert I guess

A nick on the bezel- why not fix it yourself for $2- but no, I guess send it back around the world to Chris in BKK.

Bellyaching- are you guys trolls?

I guess I forgot- you've been here a month! What does that make you- an expert I guess

A nick on the bezel- why not fix it yourself for $2- but no, I guess send it back around the world to Chris in BKK.

Bellyaching- are you guys trolls?

I really can't understand your hostility to be honest.

I'm being very light hearted about this if you failed to notice that.

Trolls? well seeing as I'm a paid up member and have tried my best to contribute, and started collecting...

I'd have to say no.

This is the rolex area, this is a replica site.......are we not free to disguss our watches?

Nothing is being made up here, its all fact, and if you dont like it when people voice things

which are not always positive then thats life, we buy reps, we report on the quality.

Thats what this site is for.

Stevie, let me apologize. I'm not trying to be hostile, I just think you and DrTuB are somewhat naieve. Your expectations of reps are too high. That's why alot of us around here mod our watches- we want a higher standard of correctness and realize we're not going to get it out of the box. A long time ago, one of the dealer always said, "A rep is only a rep." His point was, don't expect perfection, it isn't going to happen in a rep.

Your Euro's aren't perfect, but you guys can make them better and these watches are a vast improvement over the noobmariner and other previous Subs. I'm very happy with my Euromariner, but I drilled the lugholes, installed a gen crown and aftermarket tube, trimmed the crown guards, ground down the tension ring so that the bezel assembly and gen insert would snap right on w/o glue and installed a more correct 93150 bracelet with 501B detachable end pieces. I like to put it next to my gen 16800 and compare the two- size is spot on- look and feel are great- the Euro and the WM9 are excellent subs IMO.

Probably you and TuB should have gotten the WM9's-V2- they are probably a little better out of the box than the Euro's at this point in time. But as for me, I wanted those lugholes and I love em, even though I had to drill them to correct size.

Hopefully you guys will be able to find some satisfaction in this hobby.

Stevie, let me apologize. I'm not trying to be hostile, I just think you and DrTuB are somewhat naieve. Your expectations of reps are too high. That's why alot of us around here mod our watches- we want a higher standard of correctness and realize we're not going to get it out of the box. A long time ago, one of the dealer always said, "A rep is only a rep." His point was, don't expect perfection, it isn't going to happen in a rep.

Your Euro's aren't perfect, but you guys can make them better and these watches are a vast improvement over the noobmariner and other previous Subs. I'm very happy with my Euromariner, but I drilled the lugholes, installed a gen crown and aftermarket tube, trimmed the crown guards, ground down the tension ring so that the bezel assembly and gen insert would snap right on w/o glue and installed a more correct 93150 bracelet with 501B detachable end pieces. I like to put it next to my gen 16800 and compare the two- size is spot on- look and feel are great- the Euro and the WM9 are excellent subs IMO.

Probably you and TuB should have gotten the WM9's-V2- they are probably a little better out of the box than the Euro's at this point in time. But as for me, I wanted those lugholes and I love em, even though I had to drill them to correct size.

Hopefully you guys will be able to find some satisfaction in this hobby.

Apology accepted mate.

Maybe your right, but did you get my PM?

Did yours have all those problems?

One or two problems yes.....5-6 fairly big problems .......I'd say thats not really good, I totally see your point, really I do......but

I was told by the top quality seller....who I trusted, that this watch was the best I could get, had perfect this, perfect that, just like

the real jobby, waterproof, checked and checked again.....each screw removed and replaced crystal checked, bezel and new watchmakers

pearl...., blaa blaa.... you can see that with a pitch like that I felt pretty comfortable handing over $500.........

You can imagine how I felt when had it in my hand less than an hour and things were going very wrong.

I'm told he will get back to me and make things right......I'm still waiting....but this comment alone would suggest that even HE

regrets sending it out!

Many are really happy, and thats awesome, and goes to show the bad ones are far and few between and I'm glad its not a big problem,

as he is a top bloke, patient and always gave me detailed info, and I thank him for that, (Again thats a reason I bought from him)

Things can get overlooked, mistakes can happen, and a process of checking can go wrong or be rushed, I know this and accept it, hence

why I am light hearted about it all, I just hope I can take it off my window ledge and wear it without fear of it falling off my wrist!

Thats all I was saying bud.

S

Since we are noobs, and you are proposing to have superior prospective on this matter since you have been here longer, I will spend a moment to respond to voice for the noobs.

I do not agree with some of the things you have written.

Moreover, the tone of this post is disappointing from a member such as you with more seniority.

We paid for something and we did not get it.

We paid for a QC'd watch.

None of us would be a bunch of nitpicky little babies if we ordered a drop shipped $98 noobmariner.

Let me remind you or the seller's QC service that we PAID for since you have been on this forum so long and your memory may be slipping. ;)

A. Silcon grease all gaskets / crowns. (read some reviews that my clients clearly could see it was greased etc --NO WHITE LIES from me)

1. Pearl (if it is within acceptable terms, roundness ---some are plain ugly misshapped I dont sell them---)

2. Bezel (if is turns well and doesn't have any issues)

3. Glass (if the glass is clean)

4. Date-mag (if the date-mag on the glass is allignment with the date, if not glass will be reinstalled, also will be checked if it mag is good ---some i've seen are slightly damaged or has a dot on them---)

5. Dail (if all the lume are equally filled, if there's no dust/dirt on the dail, print is crisp etc)

Functions/wear.

6. crown (I pull it in/out couple of times, see if when you pull it out it start in the handwinding position --as many when its not oiled it will jump to position nr 2 which is date-change, then I try out all 3 trip-lock functions, if it doesn't open/close smooth I get it oiled or I won't sell it ---you have no idea how many times I had to re-install/oil the crown because it didn't go smooth in/out)

7. Date change A

( I change the date at position nr 2 of the crown, change from 1 till 31 and all should change well, some have these issues then they'll get repaired --or I wont sell them)

8. Date change B

(I change the time to 24.00 hours the date should change at 24.00 hours I usually give it a margin +/- of 1-3 min error, if it's outside of that margin then I get the hands reinstalled ---in china however where my assoisate let my watchmaker do the same test, he always makes sure its at 24.00 exactly!!! ---I will do so from now on too---)

9. Date change C

( I turn in crown posistion 3, and change turn the time until it hits 24.00 hours, then the date change manually I check this on several dates to ensure that all works properly. I had some items tho, that some dates work fine and some change only go half-way, so from now on I will check all 1-31 dates!!)

10. D. Date-allignment will get checked.

11. Bracelet

I will check if the clasp open/closes, if the overal quality and fit to the watch is okay.

12. Screws

Check all the screws by individually unscrewing them until they almost go out, then screw them back in. As if one....yes only 1 screw don't screw out, or can't screw close, the whole bracelet is useless and the client cannot wear the watch. This problem is not uncommen.

13. If ETA movement = Movement checked if it is new ETA

(if it is new ETA movement -checked if it isn't a copy-movement, second grade/recycled one-, if it is asian movement very easy to tell)

--China only service--

(only my watchmaker in china who worked for gen company for 7 years has all the right equipment, my contact brings it personally to him for the above inspection)

14. Water-resistance test till 50m

15. Hearbeat monitor.

All the above is a factual statement and is actually performed --NO WHITE, BLACK, GREY, BROWN LIES-- any customer may verify my word on this one!

First, you are mistaken about the case backings.

Here is a link with Chris's NOOB with the 2813, and with the CORRECT case back.

I would have assumed the more expensive euromariner with a 2813 would have had at least the same quality or if not better than the noob, since it costs more than twice as much.

http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn154/e...r-black-685.jpg

The Euromariners are great watches, but they need some mods to make them kick-a$$. But these watches are a far sight better than what we had even a year ago.

A year ago, a sub rep with eta was not $500+, was it?

Most people mod their watch to enhance their watch, NOT fix things that came broken on the watch, especially on a EXTENSIVELY QC'D WATCH.

Here you go again failing to recognize that we paid for a service that we did NOT GET. No one is complaining about having to mod their watch to enhance it or to "make it kick a$$."

Trim the crown guards, drill the lugholes to correct size on the V3, better pearl in the bezel insert- better yet w/ a gen insert, maybe a Clark's crystal.

We all should have the Clark's crystal already, which is standard on the euromariner.

$$$ is not the only way to contribute to this forum. In case you haven't looked at the pinned section of the rolex area, information seems to provide a good avenue to support the community.

Let's face it, most people become supporters to sell their stuff anyways so please be careful you don't fall off your pedestal. I hear it's a long way down.

:thumbs:

Can you please list the problems that came with your euromariner and post some pictures?

Did you get the polfy caseback?

below is the noob from Eurotimez

post-17400-1227722845_thumb.jpg

Edited by cht

:clap: Bingo!

Good post cht!

Although I am sure if given enough time, Chris will sort this all out. After all, all the noobs like me came here looking for the "best sub" right? I'd guess that Chris's high volume seller is the submariner/noobmariner/euromariner and he'd like to continue to sell lots of them especially with the wm9 v2 coming out soon.

Chris is still working on my euromariner (v4), I told to take all the time he needs to make it worthy of the euromariner/eurotimez reputation so will shall see...

I'll be happy to give my impressions once I get (probably in the next month).

I don't think you guy's are wrong, complaining about these QC issues. I have a noobmariner and i have to say the quality is top notch and it says Rolex Geneve Switzerland on the case back. The watch cost a lot less, so i too would complain.

But Chris is a good guy so i am sure your problems will be sorted, but not for a week or two as he is busy sorting his new web site.

kind regards. Marc.

Being new here I'm somewhat apprehensive about replying :bangin:

Here's my deal.....As soon as this new version was announced I PMed Chris and made my prepayment.

Chris was very quick to respond with the dates of expected delivery and all the information relating to the

improvements to the new version and the guarantee of the high standard of QC.

Two weeks ago I received an email with the tracking number...My watch was on it's way. Yes, but .....NO, I

followed the tracking information the watch was delivered not to me but to some place else. I contacted Chris,

he said he had contacted his secretary and found I had recived the wrong tracking number but my watch went

out in the same batch, I should receive it in the next few days. That didn't happen.

Two days ago I receive the mass email about the troubles......I'm sorry about that and I wish him well.

Now, after absorbing all this I start reading the post in this thread regarding the QC problems with this particular item and after all the advance hoop la , poor Chris the

guy most certainly has things crashing down around him. He has my deepest sympathy.

For me the answer is simple.... I requested that this order be canceled and a FULL refund. No response.....Yet.

Cht, I will post up all the details in the next 24hrs, am on nights now and

don't have all my info with me mate.

Stevie, I did get your PM and I do agree that with five things wrong w/ your Euromariner, you should send it back to Chris.

cht, I guess you should send yours back also. But realize that all Euromariners (which are really just MBW's) come with the Gelena Shiterand case back. It is a completely different watch from the noobmariner, different factory, etc. If the Gelena caseback upsets you, your best deal is to ask Chris for your money back. Gelena Shiterand is a trademark of the MBW watches. Since it upsets you, just tell Chris it was an honest mistake on your part and that you didn't realize it came with that caseback. Hopefully he will be understanding. Most of us around here have been looking at Gelena Shiterand for so long, it's no big deal. I think it's pretty funny myself.

Obviously Chris has had a lapse in his quality control lately. I guess I was lucky, I got an early version of the V3 with the old crystal with two gaskets. I promptly swapped it out for a Clark's. I trimmed the crown guards, drilled the lugholes to the correct size and the only other thing I did was sand down the top of the tension ring so the bezel assembly and insert would snap into place w/o glue. I'm very happy with the watch.

The noobmariner is a good watch, but the bezel assembly is smaller than the gen, or the Euro/WM9 which are close copies of the gen. That makes the whole watch slightly smaller than the gen. This new generation of watches is better, much better than the noob. But the noob is still a good option for people who don't want to spend $500.

^^^^thank you aligoat for clearing up our confusion as to the problems with the case back.

:tu:

I have no probs with it, it was just a surprise to see it was on the euromariner with the bigger price tag than the noob, that's all.

Glad to hear yours was problem free.

After taking off the bracelet and putting it back on I noticed my bezel insert is spinning freely in the bezel.

I have no probs with glueing it, but I thought these were supposed to snap in, and not need glue. (in case I want to switch to a gen or jewleryoutlet in the future)

Obviously not I guess.

:(

Anyone else have experience?

But Chris is a good guy so i am sure your problems will be sorted, but not for a week or two as he is busy sorting his new web site.

kind regards. Marc.

Agreed, as I am sure this will be resolved as well.

As of yet, I have yet to receive a resolution for my problems.

Edited by cht

from chris' email sent today

Hi,

We received your question/request/order or issue. I have looked into it and read it, some are already being worked on in the background.

Will get back to you in 24hours with an extensive reply + status and/or solution.

As I just got back on the 25th of Nov, and I finished as much e-mails as I could humanly handle.

W.regards

Chris

Being new here I'm somewhat apprehensive about replying :bangin:

Here's my deal.....As soon as this new version was announced I PMed Chris and made my prepayment.

Chris was very quick to respond with the dates of expected delivery and all the information relating to the

improvements to the new version and the guarantee of the high standard of QC.

Two weeks ago I received an email with the tracking number...My watch was on it's way. Yes, but .....NO, I

followed the tracking information the watch was delivered not to me but to some place else. I contacted Chris,

he said he had contacted his secretary and found I had recived the wrong tracking number but my watch went

out in the same batch, I should receive it in the next few days. That didn't happen.

Two days ago I receive the mass email about the troubles......I'm sorry about that and I wish him well.

Now, after absorbing all this I start reading the post in this thread regarding the QC problems with this particular item and after all the advance hoop la , poor Chris the

guy most certainly has things crashing down around him. He has my deepest sympathy.

For me the answer is simple.... I requested that this order be canceled and a FULL refund. No response.....Yet.

Just wanted to follow-up........I received two emails from Chris this morning, the first was a tracking number and guess what SAME as the tracking number which was the wrong tracking number I received on the 12th. Then I received the another which stated he does not refund on items that have been shipped :o .

I know a lot of you are saying "Chris will make it right" , "Chris is a good guy" , "just give him some time"...........

I know I'll never trade with him again and I would incourage everyone to look at the totality of his behavior before having ANY dealing him.

Be forewarned,

Steve

" Will get back to you in 24hours with an extensive reply + status and/or solution"

ummm im pretty sure it has passed the 24 hr period...

where is my email with status or solution

Just wanted to follow-up........I received two emails from Chris this morning, the first was a tracking number and guess what SAME as the tracking number which was the wrong tracking number I received on the 12th. Then I received the another which stated he does not refund on items that have been shipped :o .

I know a lot of you are saying "Chris will make it right" , "Chris is a good guy" , "just give him some time"...........

I know I'll never trade with him again and I would incourage everyone to look at the totality of his behavior before having ANY dealing him.

Be forewarned,

Steve

" Will get back to you in 24hours with an extensive reply + status and/or solution"

ummm im pretty sure it has passed the 24 hr period...

where is my email with status or solution

Waiting for mine too !