When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Euromariner V3 Gen ETA 2836-2 Movement Pictures

Krayfish

This is my Euromariner with the GEN ETA 2836-2 Movement, took the back off today because it sounds quite noisy, it sounds nothing like people are saying, so I just wanted to throw it out there and

see what you guys with all the experience think.

The rotor tilts a little which seems to cause the knocking noise and the rattle, I'm assured its Gen, it keeps great time but I've had it about 3 days, know there are not many images of this watch opened so

here it is, my local watch smith seemed bemused and thought it was a genuine rolex which was funny, the he was not sure if it was gen movement or not.

I dare say it is, but I hope you guys can clarify a little more as to what the rattle might be, sounds like something is loose inside, I have a couple of Genuine Omega's and they sound really smooth, know its a different kettle of fish but as i said, info would be great as I can't seem to contact chris at the moment (probs very busy or on holiday)

Sorry for the quality of the pics, its the best I could do.

:)

post-17285-1227281632_thumb.jpg

post-17285-1227281581_thumb.jpg

post-17285-1227281526_thumb.jpg

post-17285-1227281464_thumb.jpg

post-17285-1227281402_thumb.jpg

Oh and whats this in Chris's section........is this what it should look like inside because to me the colours on the wheels are like a gen rolex movement??

The photo is at the bottom of this thread.....sorry if I'm just confusing myself.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...;hl=euromariner

euromariner-v2-2008-black-608.jpg

the colored gears are part of this 21j asian movement. which in actuality is just a discolored sticker

Aaaah cool thats ok then, what about the movement in mine? does it seem to be Gen to you?

I did notice that my gear has many holes like a gen but how hard is that to copy! haha

eta28362vscopyeta28362sy3.jpg

I'm sure mine is Gen ETA 2836-2 but just bemused at why I can hold it at arms length and hear the rotor rattle and move

when other I have asked on here say it should be smooth.

All the characteristics that others are telling me do not seem to match up for mine, (unless mine for some reason is either loose, worn or damaged hence the rattles

caused by the rotor being able to not only rotate, but also tilt a tiny fraction.

i also dont get the winding noise when its finished spinning.

Nice looking movement though!

lol

rattles caused by the rotor being able to not only rotate, but also tilt a tiny fraction.

Well the rotor certainly shouldn't tilt!!

Check that the screw in the centre of the rotor is properly tightened, if its a bit loose it could cause the tilt you mention which might allow the rotor to come into contact with something it shouldn't.

Well the rotor certainly shouldn't tilt!!

Check that the screw in the centre of the rotor is properly tightened, if its a bit loose it could cause the tilt you mention which might allow the rotor to come into contact with something it shouldn't.

Mmmmmmmmm well the screw is tight, the repair guy suggested he try and nip it up, but thought the little bearings were loose but it still tilts a fraction of a mm........this is whats causing it to sound so rattly.

I wish I could get a sound clip of the noise this thing makes when you rotate it to wind it up!

I'm planning on sending it back to Chris when he gets back to me as I'm really not happy with it, I saw in another post that he is on the road at the moment but I've not had a

reply now for quite a while (thought maybe they were going into his spam so sent one from his website yesterday) , know some others are struggling to get hold of him too,

he's an upstanding spot on guy and has always seemed to come through and go out of his way to help, so I'm not overly worried about this, if there has been a mistake or something

has been overlooked, then it will be genuine.

Something could have happened in transit or whatever after he inspected it so I'll hold on on writing a review for the moment as I'm pretty sure when he finally replies to my emails

he will do the right thing.

:)

i know even the gen ETAs arent completely silent, other members have had success with greasing the rotor bearings with silicone grease.

Just gentle wiggling of the wrist makes a sound inside the watch much like two small keys klinking off eachother on a keyring...... it all jangles about inside!

Not sure silicone grease it going to fix this one, the rotor seems to be a loose fit but the screw is tight.

I've had it where movement clamp screws get a little loose and the rotor hits them, causing a clicking noise... I may have an extra ETA rotor I could spare if you needed it...let me know!

Bear me in mind...........i may well end up giving you a call depending on what happens in the next few days with the supplier Shundi.

Thanks very much for the offer.......will PM you in a few days for some prices.

• 2 weeks later...