When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which Bezel is right for the 16520 Daytona

kikom3

I have (3) 16520 bezels, 2 came with the case kit and 1 I bought from Ebay Italy.

Bezel 1 (EBAY Italy) :

Nice deep/black engraving, UNITS and PER seem to close. Bezel is pretty flat.

bezel1.jpg

Bezel 2

Looks GEN but is used and has a bad dent @ 240. Very Flat and nice deep/black engraving.

bezel2.jpg

Bezel 3 (Supposedly MBK)

Engraving is thin and not very deep and dark. Bezel itself is a little thicker and angled more than the other two.

UNITS PER HOURS are not centered vertically.

bezel3.jpg

Your thoughts ?

Project pics :

http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo46/ki...2529800x600.jpg

http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo46/ki...2520800x600.jpg

http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo46/ki...2529800x600.jpg

kikom had probably read my mind :)

i also wanted to ask about that bezel, i remember freddy that you have told me the rep bezel for the 16520 is crap.

so what bezel is the most, close to gen aftermarket bezel i should get to replace with the stock bezel?

for what details should i look for? is there any closeup photo of a gen 16520 bezel anywhere to look at?

(i have found tons of gen 16520 photos of the internet but not a good and crispy closeup on the bezel)

how do i remove a bezel from the daytona rep case and install a new one? seems like a razorblade need to be used here? or am i mistaken.

cheers

db1

6 and 9 numbers are important in 16520 bezel.

You need to look to see it - in 16520 6 had a longer body above smaller "belly" and the 9 was same - smaller "head" and a bit taller "legs" - hmm I hope you understand. :) :)

Your bezel number 3 has best 6 and 9s.

BTW - if you have a place to find el primero hour wheel, or even better a rolex 4030 hour wheel, I'd really appreciate info.

Nice parts you have there - is your white dial gen? Black came with the case set, right?

El primero Hour wheel is available from Ofrei or Borel directly. For Ofrei option 2 when calling Part # 255. It's about $20 + shipping

White dial is gen. Black from case set but I also have a gen black dial.

So I have a spare black 16520 redial if anyone needs one =)

BTW - if you have a place to find el primero hour wheel, or even better a rolex 4030 hour wheel, I'd really appreciate info.

Nice parts you have there - is your white dial gen? Black came with the case set, right?

Edited by kikom3