When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dealers and 1:1 watches

rolexconfuse

The reps today are definitely better than what was available 1 year ago and I am amazed at the quality that comes out of these factories but...

I hope no dealers get offended by me about this but I've notice that a few dealers are advertising their watches as 1:1. And my thing is, if these watches are really 1:1 then they should (technically) look and feel exactly like the gen cosmetically. Meaning no modding on CG, Dials, Hands, Pearls, crowns, tubes, crystal and etc.. That's what I assume 1:1 implies.

Naturally these watches are not going to be QC when they get assembled so you will get mistakes in assembly (misaligned hands, dials, crooked crystal, bad movement, noisy movement) but each part individually parts should still be 1:1 cosmetically. So while i can accept the fact that these watches may come delivered with issues of bad assembly at least the parts that make up the watch should be technically 1:1.

But from what I've seen no matter how 1:1 the watches are advertised as they're still not true 1:1 reps. One still has to mod the pearl, crown, crystal, dial, and etc depending on who you buy from. And you still may have issues swapping a gen part into a rep that's advertised as 1:1

Now i know some off you will say "well 99.9 percent of the people won't know the difference of the 1% difference", that is true but the point of buying a rep that's advertised as 1:1 should mean that the 1% of cosmetic difference should not be there. That I should be able to swap a gen part into a rep without modding

I don't mind paying 600-700 bucks for a rep that 1:1 if it's a true 1:1.

AS fakemaster says.

There is no 1:1.

There are watches that are great starting points (bk's wm9 may be the exception) but they still need mods.

For the most part the otb that you buy claiming to be 1:1 will be good enough,but onc et=you know the differnece you want it as close to gen as possible.

I bought a euromariner and said it would be fine the way i bought it.

Nope,BK has it right now and it's getting fully modded.

I also find myself scanning the for sale section looking for a vintage sub or another fully modded wm9.

LOl...

Now to me, 1:1 means that the watch dimensionally is the same and that it should take gen parts, having a pearl that is the same isnt a concern for me.

Because if we were nit picky we would say a 16610 would need a copy of a rolex 3035 movement to be 1:1

1:1 is a ratio, meaning that all parts are interchangeable with gen. There is no such thing as an identical rep....seriously....