When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Superocean Hertiage Chrono problems

Limited Edition

Hello,

I have been wearing my Breitling Superocean Hertiage Chrono Rep for about 7 weeks now and the watch has been running fine. Today, I wore it again for about half a day and I let it sit in my watch box. I went back to discover that my watch lost a considerably amount of time after having just wore the watch for half a day. Now, the hour mark does not even line up to the hour anymore.

For example, at 12:00, the hour mark is at the 58 minute while the minute hand is at 60 minutes.

What is wrong with my watch? How can I get it corrected and aligned again?

Thanks!

7 weeks is a rather short amount of time but seeing how these hands have dislodged themselves, a watch smith could put them back correctly ... i'd contact the dealer first & aim for a working replacement though

Yes, 7 weeks is practically brand new. It has gotten at most 2 weeks of wear time since I got it. How would the hour hand dislodge and date change be of a problem simultaneously?

Did something go wrong with the movement itself? The second operation seems to run fine.

I have contacted the dealer. We will have to wait and see what happens.

The hand stack looks okay. The reason for the date change at 7 as opposed to 12 is that the hour hand might have slipped on the post. This could have happend for a numerous of reasons (bump, bad hand tube, not enough friction etc.). This would also explain the watch running behind 4 hours all of a sudden ... The only solution is to uncase the movement, remove the hands and correctly reinstall them.

My A7750 PAM050 suffers from the same symptoms of heavily delayed date changing, at 7:00 o'clock, but it keeps perfect time... it bothers me somehow but I've managed to live with it just by not wearing it on new year's eve... Will the solution be the exact same: hands reinstall?

thanks guys.

Chino.

The hand stack looks okay. The reason for the date change at 7 as opposed to 12 is that the hour hand might have slipped on the post. This could have happend for a numerous of reasons (bump, bad hand tube, not enough friction etc.). This would also explain the watch running behind 4 hours all of a sudden ... The only solution is to uncase the movement, remove the hands and correctly reinstall them.

This makes perfect sense. I have a feeling that is a matter of a hand slip. There is not enough friction on the hand tube to turn this particular hand. Perhaps, the actual time fell behind 5 hours.

But even after getting it realigned and installed again, what are the chances that this will re-occur again in the future? How does one apply more friction on the tube? More lubrication?

This particular watch seems to be much more delicate than the rest; almost too delicate if this can happen while the watch was NOT in use.

This makes perfect sense. I have a feeling that is a matter of a hand slip. There is not enough friction on the hand tube to turn this particular hand. Perhaps, the actual time fell behind 5 hours.

But even after getting it realigned and installed again, what are the chances that this will re-occur again in the future? How does one apply more friction on the tube? More lubrication?

This particular watch seems to be much more delicate than the rest; almost too delicate if this can happen while the watch was NOT in use.

I had one lose lots of time and it was a loose hand but it wasn't apparent at first as the hand set fine was stable when moved...but certain types/directions/force of movement the hand spun around. The hands were reset and all has been well and it hasn't happened in the past month or so. This was the first time it had ever happened to The Zigmeister and likely was due to getting bumped hard in the post in spite of decent packing.