When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1:1 Deep Sea Sea Dweller (Ultimate?) Update

tenacious_b

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I am concerned there are really only 2 versions from two different factories. The first version was the wrong size and died quickly. The Eta911 looks like the first properly sized version and has the "ceramic sandwich" :lol: bezel with better bezel font but everyrthing else inferior and version 2 is all ceramic bezel with too thin font but decent bracelet, etc.. And if you have ever seen the gen none begin to mimic the dial effect of the gargantuan den crystal. Similar to the Fiddy issue. You can do all you want to a Fiddy but without a proper crystal everything looks different. A true ultimate version is going to require a custom crystal and individual serial numbers since it is sitting out on the rehaut.

I just asked Andrew, and he said that the one which is being referred to as 1:1 - the one that seems perfect except the skiny bezel font aka V3...is the last one slated for release. I have to wonder though, will they perhaps fix the bezel midstream like they did with the GMT IIC? Damn confusing.

Oops even more stirring the pot.....I told Andrew that I thought it was sad that this model would end on such a sour note (skinny bezel font); his reply is as follows:

"Maybe the 2nd batch will be improved a little. thanks"

Like sands through the hour glass, so are the days of our lives......

After being backloggd in LA Customs all week and then rerouted to Santa Monica .. my Deep Sea has finally been released .. but it's the weekend and with the rush of Christmas mail I doubt to get it until early next week sometime..

I take issue with the pics that the maker produces .. many times the colour is overly saturated .. ergo making the colour altogether different from the real (rep) deal ..

so I am trying to keep an open mind and not jump to too many definative conclusions until I have the actual product in hand .. also , not planting too many expectations .. just .. hurry up and wait ... to see what the maker did to replicate the genuine.. I can't believe that with the genuine in hand that the lume would turn out green and then be produced like that..

so we shall see what we shall see .... B)

I agree the font on the bezel appears way to thin. This is the version I bought from Hont with a ceramic bezel and the font on the numbers seem to be more accurate. The lume is green not blue, but it is of no consequence to me. Nice watch for sure.

quartlypredrag006sk4hu4ec6.jpg