When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

T60 crowns refund

t

Clear story.

I'm not an expert but if we , as a community , advised T to make a crown with 60 teeth and afterwards some people realise we all made a mistake then i think it would be fair to compensate T on that loss ( for instance by buying a t48 crown).

It's not fair to benifit from a great price thats offered and when the [censored] hits the fan to sit still or even ask for a refund on a mistake we ALL made.

You win some and you loose some but 10K is a bit too much.

Carpe Diem

Cats

I fully agree with you T. It was a collective mistake and was flagged up before anyone bought them.

However, in order to help promote the sale of the 48 teeth version (and get your total investment back) may I suggest that you offer a free 60 teeth crown with each 48 teeth one? This way you should reach your 300 target more quickly and use the 60 teeth crowns that may just lie unwanted. This is just an idea that seems to fit with your pricing logic, which is pitched at a level to recoup your total outlay through the sale of the newer crowns. If the buyer of each new crown is really paying for the earlier mistake then it would seem fair to get one of those also. Just a thought which may help and thanks for making these crowns for this community.

I am completely with you, t. I am a buyer of five T60 crowns and I did not think even one single moment about a refund.

Rather, I am going to use them on all my custom PAM hommage projects.

Did you consider about selling the T60 crowns on ebay? I think you might find quite a large market there.

Hi

i will not sell them on ebay or elsewhere... only on RWG and repgeek

this is a RWG project... and will stay within the family

I will still offer the T60 crowns for all people who are looking for a less expensive crown. The T48 crowns are for expensive projects... and the T60 are for less expensive projects. I think the T60 crowns are good enough for the auto models with 0.9mm stem.

The T48 crowns are build in a smaller quantity... so should them sold out... we need the T60 crowns again :-)

I can

T,

just let me tell you you did AMAZING work here!

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

We have seen many beautiful PAM reps - and even best reps have always had their appearance literally destroyed by their rep crowns.

Chinese makers never managed to make a crown close enough or they never really bothered.

Then we had lelloo and other members making their projects.

I got a crown from lello and while it was a great crown I have to say it turned out a lot of mods would have to be done to have it fit. My watchsmith didn't want to do it, I was not able to do it on my own so here it is my lelloo crown - sitting in a drawer for like 3 years.

And then came T with his project. REASONABLY priced crowns that would be perfect from the very beginning if RWG community would not make mistake counting teeth.

Let me tell you this. I made payment on monday. It is friday and my crowns are here.

As i wanted to fit them to my a7750 196 and swiss 6497 111 I ordered one T48 and one T60.

When I opened the parcel I found not only two crowns and matching stems but also a very pricy GIFT! A HUGE surprise!

So I got my order in like 4 days shipped internationally and even a bonus that I did not expect!

And here is the best part.

When it comes to tinkering around my watches - I literally suck. I can change a strap, open the back to check out the movement, sometimes I can get the dust off the dial. That's it.

And guess what? I managed to fit my new crown to my 196 and I am wearing this beauty and admiring it right now as I type these words!

I am sorry but for me such service and such product is just PRICELESS!

And people who want refunds for their T60 crowns should be ashamed.

Once again - HUGE thank you T!

I believe I am the reason for this posting.

Let me state first and foremost, I NEVER asked for any money back on my T Crowns (Approx 10 purchased)

I simply wrote to T and asked him what the procedure for upgrading the Crowns was, simply after reading this thread.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=81452

I will quote:

"all delivered crowns can be refunded with the new crowns... you have to pay the additional 10euro and can get the new crowns as refund"

I assumed after reading this, there was a procedure for an upgrade and all I did was ask what it was.

I wanted to clear the air even though I wasn't specifically called out.

P.S. I did have Supporter status before my Paypal account got screwed up. I am still working with the admin to get that rectified. :)

Edited by Snrubb

I believe I am the reason for this posting.

Let me state first and foremost, I NEVER asked for any money back on my T Crowns (Approx 10 purchased)

I simply wrote to T and asked him what the procedure for upgrading the Crowns was, simply after reading this thread.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=81452

I will quote:

"all delivered crowns can be refunded with the new crowns... you have to pay the additional 10euro and can get the new crowns as refund"

I assumed after reading this, there was a procedure for an upgrade and all I did was ask what it was.

I wanted to clear the air even though I wasn't specifically called out.

P.S. I did have Supporter status before my Paypal account got screwed up. I am still working with the admin to get that rectified. :)

you are not the reason... i made you a offer to solve the problem. But many more people asking me for a refund of T60 crowns.

It is not only the money which make me problems... the problem is the paperwork. I sell all crowns with a receipt for the tax office. And should i give a refund.. i have to write new receipts... this is a lot of paperwork for a small 15 Euro crown... i think it not worth it... the paperwork bother me

you are not the reason... i made you a offer to solve the problem. But many more people asking me for a refund of T60 crowns.

It is not only the money which make me problems... the problem is the paperwork. I sell all crowns with a receipt for the tax office. And should i give a refund.. i have to write new receipts... this is a lot of paperwork for a small 15 Euro crown... i think it not worth it... the paperwork bother me

Glad to hear it, I didn't want to cause you any undue stress. Most of us (except those asking for their money back apparently) really do appreciate all your efforts. :)

Hey T,

The crowns look great either 60 or 48. I've seen many pics of the 60 tooth installed and it is a huge improvement over stock rep. I appreciate your efforts in making this project happen. Please don't let a few bad apples ruin more projects like this. With anything you will always have a few cry babies who are always looking to get something for a discount or free. Personally, I think anyone asking for their money back is pretty low considering all the work you put into this.

Some people are just self-centred. Did they even remember that it was due to T's sacrifice & commitment which led them to be able to mod their crowns at a steal of a price?

Heck, even when i made the decision to purchase the T48 from T, i thought that it was very reasonably-priced. I sincerely hope that T will be able to cover for his losses & continue to make valuable contributions to our community.

Thanks T. ;)

I got my T48's and they are perfectly crafted, beautiful pieces. A no-brainer for any serious PAM fan. The T60's irrespective of their teeth-count - are waaaaaaay better than any regular rep crown, they fit without difficult case-or CG work and at this price, they should be a natural for anyone who has to watch his budget and is looking for a cheap but visible upgrade.

We should not forget that it took the brains and research of the combined PAM experts on this forum to even point out the fact that the 60ties had a few extra teeth as compared to the gen. Lastly, if a super paneristi expert is close enough to your rep PAM to count the teeth on your crown - the crown will certainly be the last of your problems!

Thank you T for your fantastic contribution to this forum... I hope that in the end, the deal somehow works out for you. I will surely buy a few more of these beauties.