When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sandwich or Sausage?

PhilVT

Which type of dial do you prefer? I have never seen a Panerai watch in person and am curious how they look.

Also, for those with experience, do the sandwich-type (111h) make better project watches? It seems that they would be much easier to relume because of the multiple layers.

My first 111 was a sausage and I wasn't happy so I ordered a 111H with a sandwich dial.

When it arrived I started to think that I actually like the sausage better.

They are a different look and my inclination is towards the sausage as the dial has more prominance at angles other than straight on.

The sandwich is easier to relume but the sausage can be relumed well also but it's not a home job.

You need to see both to help make up your mind.

It truly is a matter of which you aesthetically prefer. Prior to the H series the only sandwich dials were the radiomirs, fiddy, etc. What also might factor into your thinking to the extent that you are buying a watch with a clear caseback is which movement you prefer - Panerai Panerai or cotes de geneve bridge plates. I prefer the Panerai Panerai bridge plates so that restricts you to a-g watches. Just thought I would make it more confusing. :)

i am brand new to collecting rep panerai -- i do like the large watch faces :)

still up in the air between sausage or sandwich ... i like white dial face watches so ight now between my two pams i like the sausage.

my first was a fantasy 111 sausage white dial ... loved it with the steel bracelet. (from a dealer on another forum)

DSCN0003.JPG

my second was a 111h sandwich dial black face with OEM rubber strap and clear caseback (private sale from another forum member)

what do you guys think?