When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Changing Bezel insert on UPO

bwhitesox

Question: I want to change my orange bezel insert for a black one..Can I somehow pop off just the bezel insert without removing the whole bezel from the watch and if so what is the easiest way.?

Best of luck with it, let me know how you get on!

Safest way for me, remove movement, remove crystal, gently pry old bezel out by slipping a caseback knife in the crystal opening and working your way around the bezel...

RG

Actually its a little easier to remove the bezel on this one Zig. They pop off pretty easy and are easy to put back together. I've done it before and its pretty simple. Look at Pugwash's excellent guide here...

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...36&hl=bezel

Hmmm so you have to remove the whole bezel to take off the insert....I was hoping I could pry it off from the front by slipping a blade around it and then glue the black one on using G-S hype cement but it doesn't look like it is going to be that easy.

Rob I think your way is for a more experienced person...I'm a beginner at best.

Actually its a little easier to remove the bezel on this one Zig. They pop off pretty easy and are easy to put back together. I've done it before and its pretty simple. Look at Pugwash's excellent guide here...

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...36&hl=bezel

It's always been hit and miss for me...some bezels on the same model are simple to remove, others can't come off no matter what. After bending a couple of bezels, I decided to go the least risky route, and get it out via the crystal removal. Since I am normally taking the watch apart anyway for other work, popping the crystal is not a big deal.

RG

I have to agree with Ziggy on this issue, it's much easier to remove the caseback and movement than trying to remove the insert from the front, which could damage the insert or crystal or even the bezel itself. I've found that it takes more time to write the process to strip a watch, than it actually takes to do it :lol: