When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New boy

Bossart

Hello all,

I have been around a while and even been on other forums, but getting disenchanted with much of their content.

So many forums it seems to me are boringly featuring Monster watches or Macho Divers watches, with very little content on or interest it would appear in dress watches for example or "normal" watches - classic watches. Ones that fit NORMAL wrists and don't look quite rediculous as great lumps of steel on wrists patently too small to take them.

Tell me this forum isn't like that....please - otherwise this will be the shortest registration this year! B)

well first off, welcome to RWG :victory:

you'll find that we have subforums here for every major brand; hopefully that is at least a good start from your perspective. as far as what the membership likes to talk about, i think you'll find a pretty representative cross-section of the broader watch world. now having said that, are big watches currently popular? obviously. as a result, i think you need to put things in context a little bit -- given current trends, there is going to be quite a bit of discussion about big watches on all watch forums. but that doesn't mean that they are the ONLY things we talk about here.

me, i like watches of all sizes :crazy: one of my favorite smaller watches is the old-version mbw patek phillipe aquanaut ;)

hope to see you around :victory:

deltatahoe

Watch out... Delta's going to try to sell you his COMEX ... the biggest hunk of steel you've ever seen. :tu:

Seriously, we talk about everything here. A member just finished a Rolex Explorer 1016 that we all went bananas over (except Delta with his obsession about HUGE watches) and the Explorer is a diminutive 36mm or so.

Enjoy your stay, I think you'll find this place to your liking. And check out the photos of Delta's collection... he's got a lot of beautiful pieces. :wub: The man knows what he's talking about.

Hi Delta and Nanuq and thank you both for your welcome and encouraging comments. It was most appreciated.

Just after posting my intro I did trawl around a bit and at first looking the site does appear more balanced than others and I'm quite looking forward to being here a while.

My interest in Replicas ( I did have 40 odd but now only 7) has been starting to wane along with my collection as fewer and fewer decent replicas of classic watches were appearing or even being discussed, so much so that my genuine collection is starting to increase (27). Whilst more expensive perhaps, the attendent "it's all part of fun" rep problems of delivery, after sales, assembly quality and all the other issues we know about in this rep game, have virtually disappeared - BUT - I'll give it a try here for a bit, just to see if the interest will come back.

Thanks for the encouraging comments though and I hope to see you around the place.

Bossart

ps - as to Comex - I did once after an overseas contract job in '76, have a genuine Submariner/valve/comex 514? watch which I swapped would you believe for a new Citizen Quartz at the time :huh: ....it would probably be worth money now! :rolleyes:

Welcome, yes that comex would have been worth a bit of cash now.

We enjoy all sorts or watches here, there are a number of panerai fans and fans of larger watches, but we also have people here that take repping panerai to a whole new level, such as VDbroucke.

Andy