When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How's my rehaut?

mjmurphy926

I tried a little refinishing to the rehaut on my year + old SSD.

I have to say that I was really surprised how much it changed the look of the watch.

All I did was a little 600 grit wet sanding and then polish it a little with a cape cod. No reshaping at all, just a cleaner and slightly more polished finish.

These pix aren't great and it looks a little more polished than it does to the naked eye due to the reflection of the direct flash. I'm hoping to get some better shots in the next couple days.

Thoughts?

IMG_2921_1.jpg

IMG_2919_small.jpg

IMG_2925_1.jpg

It looks good to me. Is that a gen insert? I've seen gen inserts with both the pointy #4 like yours and the wide topped #4...I'm not sure why the difference.

Actually Toad, after trying a few aftermarket inserts and comparing them to gens at an AD, I went back to the stock SSD insert.

It does have a gen pearl though.

I thought the thinner font of the aftermarket inserts looked great until I compared to the SDs the AD had. Then I compared the stock insert and it was almost perfect.

The AD was a Rolex shop that had several watches, including an SD in an outside display window. I could spend a lot of time comparing without being called out by the AD. :D

To be honest, I thought the watch was EXTREMELY close to the gen. The biggest issue was the rehaut (By-tor was right as usual), but with this little mod, it looks MUCH closer to gen.