When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Boy's size automatic watch, any ideas?

pollux1

i personally think rolexes are too flashy for a child.

he'd definetely get called out within seconds (unless you are a billionare and all his friends come from money)

Growing up in a relatively rich community, i had seen many of my peers wearing Tags...

Therefore, maybe you can get him a Tag. and he can wear it even until his teenage years

smaller sized Datejust...excellent choice. 36mm or so...can't remember offhand.

i personally think rolexes are too flashy for a child.

he'd definetely get called out within seconds (unless you are a billionare and all his friends come from money)

Growing up in a relatively rich community, i had seen many of my peers wearing Tags...

Therefore, maybe you can get him a Tag. and he can wear it even until his teenage years

Any 8 year old walking around with a gen priced $1K watch is going to get funny looks regardless. In the teen years, half my school had Rolexes...a few had solid gold Presidents...kind of crazy...but most of us got them around the mid teens age...not in grade 2.

I wouldn't go too expensive...as a Grade 2 will probably smash it on the playground...or trade it for a few pieces of gum.

I was thinking a small size gen seiko or citizen auto, the reps i'll keep for myself at the moment lol. Although the explorer does look promising Andy!

Aaah...in that case...a small sized Seiko for sure...Japanese market one...over a Citizen. Actually...I would also recommend taking a look at the PMWF list:

http://www.pmwf.com/Gallery/index.php?cat=3

I wouldn't put any kind of brand name watch (rep or gen) on a child for safety reasons. Especially Rolex.

Kids should be kids - put your pride aside and get him a funky quartz watch that he doesn't have to worry about breaking or dropping. He's eight years old.... plenty of time to absorb the elegant lifestyle when he's older.... now it's the age for fun and just doing what eight year olds do!

Here ya go....

040929012a.jpg

DD

I had a daydate version of these, it was not a bad watch to be honest, would be a good choice, but after what corgi said and thinking about the united kingdom at the moment i would think about just getting him a cheep g shock for school!

Basically I don't want to be ostentatious, I just want to get him a mechanical watch in the hope he picks up a passion for watches! That looks to be the best bet so far Dylan :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yup...my 3 year old has a manual wind plastic "promo" Levi's (as in the jeans) watch that is great. He loves to listen to the tick...saying the digital watches are broken.

>sniff<

It brings a tear to my eyes! B)

My 1 year old loves deployment clasps...start 'em young!