When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where would you buy a Tag Heuer Carrera Black Cronograph

razvanbar

Do a good thing to help Santa:)

Help a noob buy a nice rep:)

I am trying to find a good dealer with a decent price for a Tag Heuer Carrera Black Chronograph.

I must say I felt in love with this watch since i have first seen it. I bought an awfull rep with normal scratchy glass and quartz movement from a guy found on the internet and then... I started searching:)

I have found quite a lot of decent priced items looking (at least in pics) just like the one here http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=22015

with prices between 158$ - 240 +35$ shipment to Romania - Asian Movement and until 240- 330$ shipment included - ETA movement.

Yet, I would like to find it at a dealer who is well known in a community so I would trust in this transaction.

Which one would you reccomend for:

good quality

decent price

preferably reaching me before Xmass

trusted dealer.

I'm not sure I should post here where I have found the prices above as I might just promote something that shouldn't be promoted.

Thank you and I really hope Santa will bring us all what we want:)

Edited by razvanbar

I'd search for the rep (as you have already, I'm sure) and then check out the reviews and sources for those reps... I brought mine off a member (it's gone now :( ) and it had Chief's (or K222, I forget now) AR, a service, and ETA Day/Date wheels installed...it truly could not be distinguished from a friend's gen without a loupe / many minutes of intense WIS scrutiny... Check out the dealer section, read the reviews, maybe post a Want To Buy and see if you can pick on up on the boards or ask any of the trusted collectors listed on the dealer pages to source one for you

As Shundi said...check the reviews and the member sales as they do come up every now and then.

Read my Noob Guide linked in my signature...as it will have links to how to buy as a Noob, and what dealers are popular here.

As to you seeing an ETA movement Carrera for $250 - $350...you're dreaming, the seller was high on crack...or more realistically, the site you were looking at is lying to you. The Valjoux/ETA 7750 SWISS movement costs no less than $450 WITHOUT the watch. Add in the watch and the cost of a movement swap, and MOST Swiss powered chronos go for no less than $800 and usually more. Sure you can find deals...but I'm talking a standard price.

Read the Carrera reviews. All the collectors here can source the good one. You'll be able to find cheaper ones from other dealers on the web...but you take your chances and fly blind.

Welcome aboard...and read the Noob Guide.

I have found one with a fellow member and one from a trusted seller.

I understood from the fellow member that the A7750 has some alignment issue on the date.

Q1. How bad does it look? does anyone have any picture of this?

Q2. Are all the reps having this problem?

I have seen that many of the members have changed the date with the original one.

Q3. Will it look bad if I keep the existing one?

How about the lume...

Q4. can you see the TAG rep in dark?

10x