When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Two Tone GMT II C

tenacious_b

It's pretty good- ihave the gen. i can't say much about the gold- probably plated.

that is side links are 'naked'.

It could be my eyes, but the sides of the plated endlinks look gold to me, :p Also, it could be due to the lighting which makes the gold in King's pics look wokky...

Care to post some pics of your gen on here for us to drool over? ;)

I think when taking into account the relative lighting I would say the gold color is quite good (and they have been nailing that for some time now on many TT watches). I too had the gen for a time, and this watch looks really good. The GMT hand is more than a bit too thick as are the bezel numbers, but at less than macro distances neither would ever bug you in the least. And yes, the rehaut engraving looks as good as on could expect on this watch. If I were in the market for a TT watch, I wouldn't give it a second thought and instead of writing this now I would be emailing my dealer instead...

BTW, keep in mind that Rolex is already doing slight little things to foil the counterfeiters on this watch. Instead of making the TT the same as the SS version they made the bezel numbers fatter on the TT than the SS and the GMT hand is not the same either. The TT green GMT hand is slightly fatter on some newer serials than the SS version which is slightly thinner. You would think the hands would al be the same but of course Rolex loves to do stuff like that to help people try and identify fakes. But then of course, the rep makers just figure these things out and then make newer versions and so it goes. Of all models the Datejust is one that is nearly comical how much Rolex has changed little things from serial to serial for no other reason. I actually had an AD once call out a gen DJ of mine as a fake because he thought something on it was inaccurate. Then I proved that particular issue to him and showed him that it was specific to Y serials. He is my buddy and still didn't believe me until we opened the watch and he matched up the movenment number to the case. Blew his mind and he has been an AD forever. :D

Yeah, they may have got the dial font color sorted out, but whats the gold plating like..

Well, considering that Rolex now manufactures their midlinks completely solid 18K gold, the weight will likely be off. Depending on the type of plating, you might see gentle fading on the inside of the bracelet and prolonged wear during strenuous activity might turn your wrist green.

Good point and to that end the TT gen in this version is WAY heavier now than the old hollow mid link watches - not to mention the case is heavier now too with the new beefy lug and CG design and bigger overall case.

Well, considering that Rolex now manufactures their midlinks completely solid 18K gold, the weight will likely be off. Depending on the type of plating, you might see gentle fading on the inside of the bracelet and prolonged wear during strenuous activity might turn your wrist green.