When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep now on the way - follow-up to my introduction thread

JRB

Hello again folks! JRB here with a follow-up to my first introduction thread here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=87953

And here is the link to the exact item that I ordered:

http://www.watchcartel.com/item/Rolex_Airk...k_Face/342/c103

The package is now on the way to me, and once it arrives I'll post pictures, for

any thoughts or opinions about the quality or lack-thereof. I'm hoping it turns

out to be as good as the picture that enticed me to purchase, but we shall see.

Thanks again for the welcome, and great information provided.

JRB

The Watch Cartel??!! :|

Who are these people? Are you taking the risk for the good of the board? :|

From what I see, 7 or so days ago, you mentioned it, and the indications from members were to go with recomended dealers, but you went with an unknown dealer for your first try.... can you tell us why?

So you've had all this time to make the decision and study what's available... hmmm

Hope you get your watch... I would stick with a known source.

From what I see, 7 or so days ago, you mentioned it, and the indications from members were to go with recomended dealers, but you went with an unknown dealer for your first try.... can you tell us why?

So you've had all this time to make the decision and study what's available... hmmm

Exactly :huh:

Weird that we see so many fresh members these days post links to sites totaly unknown by our community. :angry:

Knowing that this community is up for years now, there are still people out there willing to take the risk to never see their order or simply buy a piece of sh*t.

Unless of course it's the unknown sites promoting themselves here :o

The Watch Cartel? Come on... :rofl:

Heck no I'm not taking a risk for the board - I purchased the watch before I knew of the

existence of this board, and now I'm just crossing my fingers that I don't get hosed.

I'm posting my experience for the benefit of others, as either a success story or a very

cautionary tale of what and who to avoid - we shall see how it turns out for me.

Had I known about this board before making my purchase, I likely wouldn't have made it,

and I would have purchased from a board dealer or member. My only saving grace is that

I was able to pay with Paypal funded by my credit card, so I've got double protection in the

case of fraud of any kind.

I'll post pictures when it arrives, to let others see how my thought-was-thorough-but turned-

out-to-be-very-ill-researched purchase ends up.

Lastly I'll say that I've learned much since joining very recently, but I only discovered this

forum after scrollling through pages of the common scam rep watch sites found on google.

I'd also like to think that the mods and members would be more supportive of a brand new

member, as this is a definite learning experience for me. My 15+ year old Seiko finally died

recently, and I took the plunge to get a rep Air King that I've wanted for many, many years.

I look for much knowledge and support here, and will definitely be offering the same to others.

JRB

Edited by JRB

• 2 months later...
Heck no I'm not taking a risk for the board - I purchased the watch before I knew of the

existence of this board, and now I'm just crossing my fingers that I don't get hosed.

I'm posting my experience for the benefit of others, as either a success story or a very

cautionary tale of what and who to avoid - we shall see how it turns out for me.

Had I known about this board before making my purchase, I likely wouldn't have made it,

and I would have purchased from a board dealer or member. My only saving grace is that

I was able to pay with Paypal funded by my credit card, so I've got double protection in the

case of fraud of any kind.

I'll post pictures when it arrives, to let others see how my thought-was-thorough-but turned-

out-to-be-very-ill-researched purchase ends up.

Lastly I'll say that I've learned much since joining very recently, but I only discovered this

forum after scrollling through pages of the common scam rep watch sites found on google.

I'd also like to think that the mods and members would be more supportive of a brand new

member, as this is a definite learning experience for me. My 15+ year old Seiko finally died

recently, and I took the plunge to get a rep Air King that I've wanted for many, many years.

I look for much knowledge and support here, and will definitely be offering the same to others.

JRB

Was there any follow up to this?? I too ordered an Air King from Watch Cartel. It arrived and I'm relatively happy with it. I have had it for a few months now.

I am no expert, and this was my first rep since buying one on the streets of Hong Kong in the mid-90's. Just like the OP I bought it before I found this site. The reason I selected them was that they had been around for at least a year. Most of the other sites would come and go within a month.

Mine is a relatively plain silver face, stainless model. The movement seems a little jerky to me, but that could be my imagination.

It came with a sticker indicating the crystal was sapphire. True? I don't know. I tried to see if water beaded any differently on it than a known mineral glass crystal - I didn't see much difference. The crystal is etched with a coronet at 6:00 that can only really be seen with a loupe. There is the "ROLEXROLEXROLEX" engraving around the rehaut. The case sticker has a number on it that does not correspond to the gen model. The case sticker is a Datejust number and should be 114410 instead of ... woops, just checked and it wore off anyway! But I remember it was a Datejust model number. I paid $70 plus shipping.

Edited by BustedFlush