When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Used Rolex prices going down?

chrgod

I wonder if the price of used sports Rolexes are going down.

During the last weeks there has been some Submariners below 3000 USD, a price range which previously were reserved well used Explorer IIs and Date Justs.

This 1987 16800 with service papers has been out for a while, 2950 USD:

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tre...58782&rid=0

Also, this 2000 GMT-Master II with box and papers for 3200 USD seems tempting

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tre...58568&rid=0

Strangely, the Explorer IIs do not appear to have dropped much. I think it is rather the more expensive models which have dropped in asking price. Or is my observations wrong?

Well, had it been 7-8 months ago, I would have been buying.. But even with a safe job and solid economy, I don't feel comfortable spending this much cash on a watch.. The dollar is also rather strong, compared to last year..

Anybody else having it the same way?

A little over two months ago I bought a 16800 for $3250- I thought it was a good deal and I wanted a gen beater. But the 16800 on TZ looks to be in slightly better shape for $300 less! I agree, I think prices will keep coming down for a while.

But I'm still moving ahead with my 6238 franken, slowly but surely, because I just don't see how I'll ever be able to justify the price of a gen ($20-30K). Even if a gen 6238 could be found for $10K, I just couldn't do it- too rich for my blood!