When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Euromariner crown vs genuine crown

gplracer

If you can find a gen crown for $25 used, it's a good deal IMO.

If you just swap the crown out, it's pretty easy. Remove the crown and stem from the watch, grasp the stem at the top close to the crown and turn the crown counterclockwise to unscrew it. Then you just screw the gen crown onto where the rep crown was before- you could mark the threads, just to be sure everything is the same, maybe.

Part # is 24-703-0 for the crown

Might do this myself as my crown looks like it's slightly discoloured.

A gen fat tube crown would look sweet!

Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it. I want to trim the crown guards or have someone do it. I really want BK to do it but I thought of taking it to a friend who is a local watchsmith/jeweler because it would be quicker and I would not have to mail it. I guess best thing would be to have it all done at once.

Do the genuine crowns really look that much better?

Edited by gplracer

Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it. I want to trim the crown guards or have someone do it. I really want BK to do it but I thought of taking it to a friend who is a local watchsmith/jeweler because it would be quicker and I would not have to mail it. I guess best thing would be to have it all done at once.

Do the genuine crowns really look that much better?

No one will ever know or notice the difference but you. Crown position is more critical than the crown its self. I have both the Euromariner and the Gen Sub LV and I can't tell the crowns appart. If you want to spend the extra money that is your business but IMHO it is not really worth it. I even purchased an extra gen crown and never bothered installing it. Go for the more obviouse features which need attention like the bezel insert, pearl and crystal.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers...