When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

rolex/ clark crystal question

fotoman

so, lets say i wanted to get one of the new pro hunter sea dwellers (i hate date mag's) and i wanted to put a saphire "Squared off" non dome but, exceedingly tall crystal on it - after getting it chief tang double AR'd

i know this has nothing to do with the gen, but i don't care :)

i was looking at my chronissimo strap and how good it might look on my LV sub - and i thought of this project.

Is there a non date mag saphire crystal that is like super tall (non dome) that i could get?

just a thought

thanks

:blink:

ok, it may be sacrilege to you rolex experts, but there are things that i like about a few models - i like the 1980's daydates with the tall crystals. i like the size of the sub, i like PVD, i like chieftang (he is my gay lover) and i love my black strap.

it could be a cool looking watch. i also hate datemags :)

oh, and i don't give a crap about closeness to the gen, i give a crap about what i like :)

Pho,

Please don't take offense by :blink::blink: .....It's just that my ADD kicked in (along with the Vodka) halfway through trying to follow the parts description and It seemed a funny response.

Now, as for what you are chasing, I am all for buying, wearing and modding to satisfy one's own likes.

I will see what I can come up with.......good luck and please accept my apology.

Regards,

Kurt.

What you like is more important than what you SHOULD do..

How dare you remove the bracelet from your Sub...:)

I just received my WM9 V2 Sub and have ordered a Di-Modell Chronissimo strap for it...:)

It my not be what SHOULD be done but it is what I wish to do..

One of my favorite watches was found in a junkyard....go figure..:)

Bill

Pho,

Please don't take offense by :blink::blink: .....It's just that my ADD kicked in (along with the Vodka) halfway through trying to follow the parts description and It seemed a funny response.

Now, as for what you are chasing, I am all for buying, wearing and modding to satisfy one's own likes.

I will see what I can come up with.......good luck and please accept my apology.

Regards,

Kurt.

no no worries man :) i thought it was pretty funny response :) no offense whatsoever :) i answered smiling.

As it relates to the size, thats kind of my issue - i just got the idea for the project and came here, and these are supposedly repped from a Gen piece.

and bill - did you get the idea from my chronissimo or was it a coincidence?

the beauty about pro hunters is they come with a nato/ nylon type strap. So, your not even removing the SS :)

not like i have the cash to be pouring out for a new project anyway - i haven't finished my current order, this would be the next order - most likley whenever the UN's come available. i'm figuring late January

ok, the reality is i have cold, i'm' sick and i don't know what to do with myself, and my watches are within view - and well, my mind was hobgoblining

Well Pho, I went to Josh's site and looked at a Prohunter SD- which Josh refers to as an SSD- from the same factory (which is also the noob factory...). At any rate, the SSD has the tall crystal and hopefully that's tall enough for you. 80's DD had a plastic crystal- and that won't fit on a PH SSD. The tallest crystal is the SSD. Maybe you could get an extra little bit by sanding/filing down the backside of the insert a la BK and gluing it back in- recessed and all. Just my 2 cents.

BTW, the HE valve wasn't black on Josh's model- bummer IMO.