When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen case meets rep donor...

projectologist

Acquired this gen PAM 28A case set several months ago, and after having lukewarm results trying to sell it, I've decided to build it up and keep it for awhile. I found a rep donor for the dial, movement and caseback. The final ingredient, a gen crown, should arrive sometime next week. T's 48 was ordered as back up. The pic is a little toward the blue side as I shot in the shade. The gen case is more of a neutral, dark grey graphite. It's not nearly as black looking as the current PVD reps I've come across.

repdonor28.jpg

Robert in SoCal

R-

If you are not happy with the color matching on the crown you get shoot me a PM. I think I have a PVD automatic crown from that year which should match up in color nicely. As you probably know the greyer color is a result of the more primitive TiAlN coating which was used up until 2000. More contemporary PVD models usually use DLC coating.

R-

If you are not happy with the color matching on the crown you get shoot me a PM. I think I have a PVD automatic crown from that year which should match up in color nicely. As you probably know the greyer color is a result of the more primitive TiAlN coating which was used up until 2000. More contemporary PVD models usually use DLC coating.

I knew that the PAM 195's were DLC'd... wasn't aware of any other contemporaries. I held up the gen case next to my DLC'd 4B rep and it was very, very close... almost exact amount of sheen as well. And a big THANKS re. the crown!

Robert in SoCal

I knew that the PAM 195's were DLC'd... wasn't aware of any other contemporaries. I held up the gen case next to my DLC'd 4B rep and it was very, very close... almost exact amount of sheen as well. And a big THANKS re. the crown!

Robert in SoCal

I consider the 195 a contemporary. :lol: And now many companies are using ceramic in lieu of DLC. ;)

Loving that case though. Can't wait to see the final project. :)

VERY nice, and great pickup on the case set. I just got my PVD 28 back from Rob with all the goodies, pics to come soon. If you're looking for a gen PVD crown, I actually have 2 left from our friend in Turkey.

dave :victory:

VERY nice, and great pickup on the case set. I just got my PVD 28 back from Rob with all the goodies, pics to come soon. If you're looking for a gen PVD crown, I actually have 2 left from our friend in Turkey.

dave :victory:

dave... thanks! Appreciate the offer and looking forward to your pics.

Robert in SoCal

• 4 months later...

R!

Pity you haven't done more comparison pictures between the two cases...to see the differences case/CG/crysal w cyclops....

congrats on your nice franken - definitely the best one out there!

I picked up my 028 (it's on the way to me) this week and I am really excited getting it - definitely one of the grails I was chasing for quiet some time!