When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

panerai 3646 bazel

ayrtontre

Screwed bezel ? i think no watches are made like it. maybe some rare model but no panerai; the only one Panerai screwed is the big egiziano but by back to top with six screws.

Bezel on a 3646 is only pushed in place by force, with a external lead sealing.

You can see it on vintage side pics.

Hi can someone tell me the measurement of case, bazel movement, all the watch.can you say me if the original bazel is screw on the case or inside?

Sorry to be blunt, but if anybody knows the exact dimensions of an original Rad, they're not going to be sharing it with a new user in the public area of a forum! The case was approx. 47mm, made with internally threaded bezel and caseback, and brass threaded movement ring inside - the bezel / caseback 'clamp' the dial / movement in position.

radiovintageoriginalry8.jpg

These are some old photos of a genuine Radiomir - there are newer images of the P'sti project that Kai references which I have, but I can't find them and don't have permission to reproduce the image anyway!

Here is a link to pics and a description of the rep case set that is going to be produced... it's pretty amazing. 2 dials will be repped (Cali and 3646) as well to go with it. I got to photograph the gen dials to use as reference. All the pics are of rep parts!

http://www.network54.com/Forum/246576/mess...f+the+tunnel....

Robert in SoCal

Kev's project is awesome. I've got a WM3646 repped from the picture above, and whilst the case is ok from the outside, it's completely different in terms of construction. The new project will be awesome - correct construction, welded lug / crown tube, engraved Brevet crown, decent dials, custom blued-steel hands - the works! Can't wait to see it in person.

If you don't mind me asking, why do you need all of this info on the Rad's?

It's a nice topic because before it i don't know that the bezel is screwed using the inner ring and the case back.

This forum is nice.

I am always lucky to know more about vintages one.

Now i want this case ! :D i have too many projects for the new year, with a lot of project it will be a very nice year :lol:

The only point who need to do mod is the bezel, too thin for a kampfschwimmer one,ok for a cali or a painted lume one, like late war; you know what i mean VDB ? i know you are enough lucky to have one :)

If someone know where i can find a case like it let me know.

I wish men a merry christmas !!!!!!

Now i need to go , it's time to :drinks::lol:

Ask Kevin for his costs and then you get tears in your eyes...

but this case is the best start for 3646-project at the moment.

as Stephan stated there are differences in shape (case) and high of bezel, cause of the different highs of the dials nonsandwich for cali and sandwich for the later ones.

and this is the most important fact EVERY case looks a little different:

(gen pics found in the net)

78_27724_5.jpg

Dscn10939Gehuseseitenansicht6152364.jpg

3646newside.jpg

luminor_1936_4.jpg

luminor_1936_7.jpg

luminor_1936_8.jpg

And here is mine from Stephan, compare:

IP6N0561.jpg

IP6N0558.jpg

IP6N6229.jpg

IP6N6230.jpg

IP6N5507.jpg

IP6N5512.jpg

Thanks for looking and happy new year

Helmut

Edited by earlgrey-erfurt

Since i have see this topic i have in mind to do a new 3646 case.

I have achieved it yesterday :D .

The case was slimmed, rounded, new lugs was made, lugs and screws tube are soldered, new domed plexi, display caseback with plexi.

Crown is engraved with cross and brevet.

At this time i have not decided the movement; cortebert with display, or unitas with full caseback; and dial ? a vintage cali, a sterile kampfschwimmer, or a radiomir one( but this one i don't have and need to find one).

Let me know your comments , :)

Enjoy the pics :

CIMG2640.jpg

CIMG2634.jpg

CIMG2635.jpg

c_e...your work never cease to amaze me...your skills are great! your improvements are great for the vintage world of PAMs...

G. your 3646 caseset...very cool and bad for Kevin...

Thanks S. and V. :)

And what is your idea about dial and movement ? i think cortebert with sterile kampfschwimmer, because my prefered 3646 is with sterile dial, or i will try to find a gen dial, the one stamped and painted of late war, not sandwich; VDB have yet use one; if someone have one for sale please PM me

One more time great job G. !

It seems that the crown receptacle is soldered to the case, isn't it ?

For your choice, it depends of what you already have, but if i were you i'll choose the sterile dial/cortebert mvt combo. The case is too close to the gen for putting a unitas in it imho.

On the other hands, attempting to acheive a 1:1 cali dial is also a great great challenge :)

I mean this one ...

Sorry to be blunt, but if anybody knows the exact dimensions of an original Rad, they're not going to be sharing it with a new user in the public area of a forum! The case was approx. 47mm, made with internally threaded bezel and caseback, and brass threaded movement ring inside - the bezel / caseback 'clamp' the dial / movement in position.

radiovintageoriginalry8.jpg

These are some old photos of a genuine Radiomir - there are newer images of the P'sti project that Kai references which I have, but I can't find them and don't have permission to reproduce the image anyway!

a stupid thing seems me. the forum is for all I don't understand why it is not possible for an impassioned to have the neasures of pam 3646

If you read the post, it's clear that there are different types of 3646 all with different measurements. If I had a genuine 3646 sitting in front of me, I'd give you the measurements (which would probably be unique to that particular model) - but I doubt anyone does, so please don't suggest that we are in some way hiding information or being secretive.