When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pics of 3rd rep

ifly65

How cool is that!!

Do us a favour and tell me where and what this actually is!

Am after a nice vintage looking Rolex just like this one, looks awesome mate.

Want a nice Nato strapped version and aged lume like yours.

Ta

Very Nice!

Is this the Swiss or the $100 one?

I'd love to hear a little review about it, I'm torn between his and spending more for the MBW.

Thanks you guys...I appreciate it.

As I was told by the previous owner, this is the Swiss ETA version TrustyTime 1665 with the unmarked caseback and faux hev valve. I purchased this from a forum member at a great price. It arrived with the DW doa. I received a full refund from the seller and he let me "keep the watch". Super cool 'gen' guy from Repgeek that doesnt want reps. Im going have it fixed, or fix it myself eventually...this could be my first 'surgery' piece.

I am very happy with this watch otherwise. I would however save up a bit more and get the MBW. I have a 'polex' MBW 1680 arriving this week, but I cant do a comparison yet. I can only compare it to my $60.00 TT. One thing surprised me...my ST6D cheapo TT seems like it is better quality than this TrustyTime 1665. The crown feels 'crisper' when you pull the stem out on my TT than on this swiss eta 1665. The bracelet is much better on my TT. The TT has better weight...feels more solid...even if its not 'gen' weight.

For my first watch repair... I had to remove a bit of material from the plastic spacer surrounding the clone 2836 ETA movement in the 1665. It would not autowind. No wonder the previous owner wasnt happy :(

Overview on the 1665 TrustyTime Swiss ETA:

The sweep seems very smooth to my novice eyes...although its not vintage like.

Nice dial and yellowed markers.

The bracelet feels a bit loose and cheap compared to other reps Ive owned so far.

Clasp works well.

DW doa...may have been loosened during shipping in the extreme cold?

Stem has a 'mushy' feel to it when pulled out or engaged.

Crown doesnt screw down with a 'clean' feeling...its a bit grimey at the thread.

Spacer surrounding movement was too tight.

Lume is stronger on upper half of watch...from 9-3.

Keeps excellent time.

I love the 1665. Now I want the MBW version too!

"light is an arrow"