When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hi from Uk

Savi

Hi all.... :)

I've decided finally to introduce myself! I've only been a member a few days and thought it would be good to get to know my way around the site first...

WOW what and excellent site this is! Every single question I have is posted with an answer somewhere on this forum, brilliant! The reviews are outstanding in depth of detail, comparisons with the gens, photo's and members feedbacks with additional information that may have been overlooked... Superb!

I am a watch fanatic and have loved watches since I got my first Timex divers watch - white dial with date and white with black outlined arabic numerals with green lume, white besel with white raised numerals, white plastic case, white hands with green lume, white leather strap, white plastic buckle, very similar to a sub actually but obviously an all white version - for my Christmas present at the age of six...

I've bought many midrange gens and a couple of reps over the years - the usual subs, but got into buying and reselling top end gens from auction houses and pawn shops to suppliment my income as a session musician playing drums and bass guitar. I'm now returning to reps as the secondhand gen market is to much hassel for me and I don't have the funds to make as much money in the gen game as I would like or to keep the gens that I adored...

I intend to start buying the best qualty reps that are out there and then mod them myself with the help of the fantastic tutorials on this site. I used to renovate the cases, bracelets etc on the gens I used to get but not the besel inserts, crystals or any of the movements. This is my opportunity to start learning those things without throwing thousands of pounds away when I make mistakes.

I'm going to buy some really cheap secondhand reps locally to practice on whilst buying top end reps to mod at a later date, like as soon as I'm confident enough to attempt a good job of it!

My first proper mod will be on a white dial Explorer II rep as I absolutely love the simplicity and class of this watch. I saw my first genuine one when I was around 16 and have coveted one ever since. I owned a gen once, but only for a month as times were hard and I very reluctantly had to sell it...

Now I'm taking up this great hobby and just I know it's going to be a really fun ride!

Looking forward to the journey.... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Peace. SAVI

Welcome to the board! The Exploer 2 project will be good, see posts by By-tor (who is fond of them to say the least haha) and also Lazarini who has the genuine, you can pick up some useful information from their posts.

We have a couple of members down here in Brighton now, it's about time we have a little get together, maybe in the New Year!