When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what eta movement will fit a gen 1601 datejust case, tube & crown?

db1

like the title says,

what eta movement will fit a gen 1601 datejust case, tube & crown?

is it possible to fit a movement without hardcore mods to the case? (e.g. onyl spacer ring etc..)

is it worth it to pay for a gen case on the bay for a franken?

how can i identify a gen datejust case from a rep case ? as there are more than a few that pops up on the bay every now and than.

this time its for my father, he's got a birthday in a few month and i thought maybe to collect parts and build him a super franken 1601 datejust :)

any input will be appreciated.

db1

A number of people around here have built Frankenjusts, but usually with the 16000 series of cases or the 16200 series. Roling on ebay used to sell very nice cases for around $200. Stilty's tutorial is for a 16000 case- 16013- which is the two tone DJ. You can also build that watch with the 2836-2 w/o the spacer he talks about. Or maybe contact him and see if he has anymore spacers for sale.

As for using the 1601 case, maybe a 2836-2 will work, but I can't recall anyone doing it here. So you're kinda going it alone.

post-175-1230220344_thumb.jpg

This is a 16014 with the 2836-2 movement and a plastic spacer ring to center the movement in the case. Gen dial glued to the eta movement ring, datewheel overlay and a set of Tudor hands from Clark Watch Supply. It cost around $500 to build. Just a little nicer than a rep- because it has so many gen parts.