When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DG4813 tuning anomaly

highoeyazmuhudee

hey guys,

I've managed to regulate my 4813 within +2 seconds a day.

HOWEVER

I find after the date change at midnight at some point there after the minute hand loses time and slows down, thus lagging behind. maybe losing about 30secs a day in terms of posistioning in relation to the NOW accurate second hand. any ideas?

thanks

it may be as simple as the date change mech adding too much drag on the movement as it changes i am not sure what is required to oil this part on this type of movement, but if i rememeber the quick change on this movement has 2 flat disks one with a pin and one with a cut out and when the pin reaches the end of the cut out the date changes. So if you have to much drag between the disks then it would be hard for it ti change

Of couse this is all a big guess but you never know

Indeed, I would also disassemble the quick date mechanism and see what is going on. You could always remove the small gear which connects the hour gear with the quick date mechanism. This way you can rule out the drag.

I'm currently working on this particular movement so I will post some detailled pics for you so you know what I mean. I think that will be somewhere tomorrow afternoon.