When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Advice...

GATE 7

I've fallen in love with the art, dedication and sheer genius that is a prestige watch. Seeing as i can't afford the real deal quite yet, i'm extremely interested in buying a good quality replica, nothing more than 600 australian dollars, comes to about 400 US dollars. The style and look i'm most interested in is, Vacheron Constatin and Patek Philippe, both very sophisticated yet simple and beautiful. Now i turn to you guys, guys that have bought these before, and people that have delt with buying these online. If you could reccomend a good, trustworthy site, with no shady history and preferably a site that you have delt with in the past and have been completely satisfied with. I want good quality, i know these are 100 000 dollar plus watches and the replicas can't be exact, but all i'm looking for is something decent, that i'd be proud to wear. i've never bought anything online before, so i'm a little worried. Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Every one of these guys has been deemed to be a trustworthy source by us. You will have to do your own research on the models you like by searching this whole site and reading posts to find the best replications of the brands you are interested in. Then, choose a source here as all of tgem can pretty much source any watch for you. Good luck and welcome aboard.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showforum=198

I responded in the Shoutbox as well...but I'll go again here. If you have something specific in mind for Patek or VC...you may be out of luck. There aren't too many high accuracy reps of either...but a few. The issue is, many are dependent on proprietary movements with tricky complications that can't be readily ported over to the rep world while maintaining proper function. With the complications like moon phases and perpetual calendars you'll end up spinning dials but things that don't necessarily work properly.

Of the good Pateks, you're probably limited to the Nautilus, Aquanaut and possibly a Calatrava.

Of the VCs...the Oversears is probably the best.

There's a Patek guide HERE...but I don't know of one for VCs.

In general, read the Noob Guide linked in my signature to introduce you to the forum and the rep world and to guide you through the buying experience. Use the search tool as there are a few posts on each...just not a lot.

Good luck!

That is the whole point of the forum brother - protection first. You won't get nothing as so say. As for junk that is subjective for sure. Heed Toad's advice regarding VC's and Pateks. Those genuine watches are much more high end than many sports watches. All things being equal, I think you will find that the best reps around (and I mean Best as in nearly perfect in every way) are of steel sports watches. PP's and VC's are all gold or PT so right off the bat they won't feel right and there just aren't alot of really accurate ones. One of the best around is the Vacheron Malte chrono that is available from any dealer as there is only one watch rep version. I traded mine to another member but I can say it was very nice and quite accurate despite being steel and a bit light. Also, don't make the mistake a lot of noobs do in thinking that what a dealer advertises in his section is all he has. Ask for his web address or photobucket and even then if you don't see it, just ask and he will get it for you. Here is the Malte Chrono on a custom glazed dress gator strap and in a rep box and paper set...

Malte36.jpg

Malte27.jpg

Malte34.jpg

Malte14.jpg

Malte5.jpg

Malte16.jpg

Thank you very much. I've been looking at these for a long time, and know exactly what i want. I'm just worried that i'll get back a hunk of junk, or nothing at all. Appreciate the link, hope it sends me in the right direction...

I've read that, i've read the patek guide too. I like a round faced watch, with a leather strap the nautilus isn't my cup of tea at all. I've looked at hundreds of pics and keep coming across, less than 200 hundred dollar VC's that look incredible and now my question. What should i expect when i get this? I don't mind if it isn't an exact replica. i just want it to work an look good. Moonphases and tourbillons don't bother me. YET! It's my first one. I'm kind of excited.

Here's one of my favs. Do you reccomend buying straight from the site? You're opinions and views are greatly appreciated btw :)

THIS

I don't know anything about that site...so can't say what you'll get...if anything at all. Members here...for the most part use only the collectors "endorsed" by the forum. Others like TeeJay use Watcheden and some others on cqout with good success and swear by them...but for the most part, the OVERALL experience is positive for all the collectors listed in the links section. This isn't to say that people haven't had bad experiences with each and every one of them...but you won't get hosed. You will get a watch...it won't be over priced...and they will ensure you get one that works.

You may end up with a dud that needs to be sent back to China for repair or replacement on your dime...that's just how the rep game works (read the Noob Guide for details). BUT...the collector will fix it and send it back to you on their dime. Reps have quality control issues. Some members have never had a dud...some have had constant streams of them...luck of the draw.

As to the one you linked...most say stay away from the gold watches if you are looking at one to wear regularly as the gold can "wear thin" with regular use. How long this takes is anybody's guess. It depends on body chemistry, climate, how hard you are on your watches. Some have had gold watches looking fine with regular wear for years, others say months...do a search on gold reps here, and you'll see people's experiences.

Thank you, i've just decided not to go with gold. One simple question, and i'd love a simple answer. The PerfectClones site has everything i want. Is this trusted? People are telling me about Josh...who the hell is he?

Josh is Perfect Clones. I've had no problems with him...other have...but this can be said of EVERY dealer. Josh has been great to me...fixing problems quickly when they arise. Read his review section and you'll see lots of positive reviews. Do search on "cartel" and "drop shipping" and you'll see another side. Use this information TOGETHER to make your decision.

Again...I use him and would again without hesitation...but YMMV.

Like I said, if you like that watch, find a dealer HERE and ask him if he has it. I thought I made that clear? If you want to be assured of safety of transactions and stay away from your fears DON'T buy from there. And yes, Josh is a trusted dealer here and his site is Perfect Clones and the stuff he sells from those brands will be the best stuff available. None of us will usually RECOMMEND anyone other than to point you to the trusted dealers area.

Whether you will be impressed with the quality is another story. Look, like I said, you just have to find something you like, buy from someone trusted and get your bearings. In any event, it will cost you peanuts and if it isn't what you expected you can always resell it and get something else. It is a journey my friend and the journey IS the destination.

I've read that, i've read the patek guide too. I like a round faced watch, with a leather strap the nautilus isn't my cup of tea at all. I've looked at hundreds of pics and keep coming across, less than 200 hundred dollar VC's that look incredible and now my question. What should i expect when i get this? I don't mind if it isn't an exact replica. i just want it to work an look good. Moonphases and tourbillons don't bother me. YET! It's my first one. I'm kind of excited.

Here's one of my favs. Do you reccomend buying straight from the site? You're opinions and views are greatly appreciated btw :)

THIS

Whether you will be impressed with the quality is another story. Look, like I said, you just have to find something you like, buy from someone trusted and get your bearings. In any event, it will cost you peanuts and if it isn't what you expected you can always resell it and get something else. It is a journey my friend and the journey IS the destination.

...and on this wonderful journey...to your left is the Eiffel Tower...Rob the King of Tour Guides!!

BTW...that Malte Chrono is beautiful. I never really looked at that one before. I was thinking I should add a Seagull "Lemania" movement piece to the stable and was siding on the Speedmasters in spite of the subdial spacing issue (unlike most on this board, I like the 50th Anniversary Speedmaster...AND the inaccurate subdial spacing MORE than the gen narrower spacing)...but that VC is quite a different style piece. Did you have the SS or the WG version? I can't imagine the white gold one being worth the extra expense. VC's gen rose gold is unbelieveable though...especially in a full skeleton tourby. WOW. I tried one on about 2 months ago...fantastic as a collector's piece...but a little too "elegant" for me.

Thanks Toad. Yeah nothing can be done about the subdial issue given that the gen is a Lemania design and the rep is the Venus 175 copy. Although, the movement does look OK really and passable. I always wondered why they didn't do the gilt VC lettering on the "U" bridge on the rep though. That movement is bulletproof too BTW. I have handed it off at a party before and didn't get called out believe it or not. To me, I honestly think the only tell (unless someone really knows the piece of course) is the weight of the steel. If they were able to weigh it down with lead in the movement ring ir something and did the gilt lettering on the movement, the watch would fool even a serious sports watch collector not familiar with VC. It is a really nice rep for the money. There is a difference in the versions and the so called better one is incorrect actually. The main difference is that they made one version with both subdial hands blued and that is incorrect. You have to make sure you get the single blued subdial hand and the chrono second hand is blued also. The regular second hand at 9 is not. The case is marked with WG stamping and "750" as well on mine. Josh still has my version on his site for $218.

VC's are great. Someday, I would like to own a gen Malte chrono and in the more near future I'm going to get a gen WG Patrimony Traditionelle for my wedding...

VCtraditionelle4.jpg

Thank you very much for your advice and input. I apologise for being a tad repetetive, but i'm a novice and only just begining this journey. I will buy a VC in the coming weeks and if all goes well i would very much like an Omega speedmaster. It's just the begining, looking forward to posting my first pics. Cheers guys.

Happy New Year...

Thank you very much for your advice and input. I apologise for being a tad repetetive, but i'm a novice and only just begining this journey. I will buy a VC in the coming weeks and if all goes well i would very much like an Omega speedmaster. It's just the begining, looking forward to posting my first pics. Cheers guys.

Happy New Year...

No sweat. The journey has to begin somewhere...and better here than some other place where you get hosed. What you'll learn here is that reps come in all varieties...some cheap, some not...some accurate, some not...some beautiful, some not...some cheap and beautiful...some expensive and ugly...some inaccurate and beautiful...and vice versa.

So...to say "what is the best <insert brand/model of your choosing>..." is impossible to answer as it could mean so many things as to what is best: out of the box, potential to be 100% visually accurate with gen part compatibility, just plain stylish, most convenient due to forum member local pickup, hard to find rep, etc...

You have to decide what your priorities are (maybe it's the brand, particular model, price, movement, etc)...and then move from there. Good luck...don't take the ride too seriously...and have fun. Remember...they're reps...

Thanks Toad. Yeah nothing can be done about the subdial issue given that the gen is a Lemania design and the rep is the Venus 175 copy. Although, the movement does look OK really and passable. I always wondered why they didn't do the gilt VC lettering on the "U" bridge on the rep though. That movement is bulletproof too BTW. I have handed it off at a party before and didn't get called out believe it or not. To me, I honestly think the only tell (unless someone really knows the piece of course) is the weight of the steel. If they were able to weigh it down with lead in the movement ring ir something and did the gilt lettering on the movement, the watch would fool even a serious sports watch collector not familiar with VC. It is a really nice rep for the money. There is a difference in the versions and the so called better one is incorrect actually. The main difference is that they made one version with both subdial hands blued and that is incorrect. You have to make sure you get the single blued subdial hand and the chrono second hand is blued also. The regular second hand at 9 is not. The case is marked with WG stamping and "750" as well on mine. Josh still has my version on his site for $218.

VC's are great. Someday, I would like to own a gen Malte chrono and in the more near future I'm going to get a gen WG Patrimony Traditionelle for my wedding...

VCtraditionelle4.jpg

Yeah...the Lemania copy I've wanted because of the movement. I came close a few times buying a gen VC moonphase for my wife...and also a Calatrava a couple times...got talked out of it believe it or not.