When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Springbar stuck

dieselpower

Hi All,

I have a small problem which is turning out to be a big problem!

I am trying to liberate a set of endlinks from a rep 19mm Daytona bracelet. The springbars are stuck in the endlinks and I am afraid to use force for fear of breaking something. I need the endlinks for use with a gen bracelet to go on my EE6263 but they seem permanently attached to the rep bracelet? What can I do? Does anybody have any spare endlinks that would fit a 19mm folded link bracelet and be correct for the EE6263 head?

All the best for the New Year to you all :D ,

Dieselpower.

Diesel - Why not just take some needlenose pliers & pull the springbars out (it might help to soak them in WD40 for a few minutes 1st)?

If the springbars are all that is holding the end links onto the bracelet, I would not worry about the springbars, which can easily be replaced.

Try a little heat before you pull them with the needle nose. They will come out!

The word 'springbar' makes me wince. I hate to admit this: I spent 9 hours assembling the springbars on my 1665 after doing a vegetable oil, soap rinse and car wax treatment to the bracelet. I watched the sun rise...then I finally bent them to make them fit. This is after I ruined one of them. The lug holes on my Trusty 1665 are way 'off'.

I hope you get them out...good luck.