When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Year's Eve Water Pressure Test - Results are In!

hiker01

Plenty of time to burn before the New Year comes, I went running, lifted weights, return and exchange some gifts and yet I still have plenty of time to burn, so what a better way I thought to spend the last few hours of free time I have in the old year but to visit my GEN watchsmith to perform a WATER RESISTANCE TEST ON THESE SIX COLLECTION:

WaterTest.JPG

I decided to go all out and asked the WS to do a 10Bar - 10ATM - 100Meters - 330ft test since most watches claim this resistance. Listed are the watches and what I performed on them before the test:

TOP ROW:

- PAM113: installed new rubber o-rings on caseback cover and crown

- MBW AP ROO Black Themes sec@9: greased rubber gasket

- Joshua's AP ROO Safari with black rubber strap: greased rubber gasket

BOTTOM ROW:

- Joshua's SD with Asian ETA: installed new rubber o-rings on caseback cover, tube and crown

- Chopard MM GTXL LE: none done, as is from subzero1

- Joshua's PAM 243: installed new rubber o-rings on caseback cover and crown

4 PASSED

2 FAILED

So for the New Year, guess which two failed........the person who picks the correct two, I will send a free PAM Blue Rubber Bracelet like the one that wheaton sells! Not that much, but it should be good enough to play the guessing game for the New Year!

Thanks for playing!

HikeUSA... you've always been a great guy (Not just because you have "USA" in your name, that too) and I think this post proves why!!

Hmmm... I guess really it's a given the Chopard failed the test...

for my second guess I'm going to say the Josh AP ROO.... but honestly it's a shot in the dark

HikeUSA... you've always been a great guy (Not just because you have "USA" in your name, that too) and I think this post proves why!!

Hmmm... I guess really it's a given the Chopard failed the test...

for my second guess I'm going to say the Josh AP ROO.... but honestly it's a shot in the dark

corgi........I love you. man! That's sweet! Member #3999 & mwah #4000....I love it! Try again!

My guess is the both PAMs failed.

You, too Dude! Try again!

Both Offshores? I would naturally guess chronos since they have more leak points and although I can't remember I assume the AP's do not have a screw down crown - at least my gen RO doesn't. The Chopard is too obvious since you didn't touch that one. :lol:

APROOs have screw down crowns! Try again, Dude!

My guess would also be the two APs :)

Sorry my friend! Hope you had a great NY eve celebration! Try gain!

Just for the fun of it - Both PAMs! :p

Hey cool! How was your celebration? Try again, Dude!

Chopard and the 113 is my guess!

Nope! Try again!

my guess is the safari and the chopard :D

happy new year!

Not! Try again!

Common guy's, keep it comin! SOme of the results surprised me, too! One of the watches that failed had a dramatic result! It surprised me and the WS! We both agreed on what we thought is

the weak point on the other one!

the 243 and the safari

happy new year

The SD and the 243 ? :g:

@FF, I thought the same too. but thought I should say the safari.... how about it hike?

MBW APROO BLACK AND JOSH'S PAM 243

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...nah! Try again 'ya all! Wow, this is getting interesting!.........and fun!

Edited just to add: Some of you are getting one of each right! You just need to pair them together! Once we got a winner, then I hope we could discuss how we could

fix the problems or weakness that came up!