When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'm New, Just Getting Into Reps...

Hello, from sunny Florida...

I bought this watch off of ioffer a few weeks ago (before I knew about the RWG forums):

92029-28103.jpg

92029-28104.jpg

Supposed to be a PAM111H. Now I see that it has a dial close to the PAM127 instead of the PAM111H, the minutes hand is slightly tilted up, the pinion is recessed, and the crown guard is not brushed.

Oh well, you live and you learn. I did have it serviced and it is running nicely. Just got a nice black strap for it too, just wish it had the right dial. :(

That's all for now from the new guy.

-- M

Edited by m4rcus

Thanks for the welcome. I think that the dial on my watch is not exactly correct. The 1 in the 12 is not the same as the picture in your post. Maybe I'm mistaken on the model numbers. Dunno? :g:

Anyway, I have a lot to learn. I would like to upgrade the CG (that seems easy enough), but fixing the recesed pin is way out of my league right now.

Edited by m4rcus

Hi welcome,

you can take off the crown guard & take a nail file (not the metal one) to get it brushed.

Got to do it gently...works perfect for me.

I might get the nerve up to try that. I was actually thinking about getting this tool to do it though:

Bergeon Scratch Removal Pen

It's suposed to create a brushed look on a shiny metal surface. But you guys probably already know that. -_-

Seems like he has a good selection.

But since you now joined "our community", there's no need for other dealers.

You are correct. I didn't know about RWG when I bought off of ioffer. No more need for that anymore!

Hi M4rcus and welcome to RWG :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I too believe you did very well with that watch, so don't be too hard on yourself.

If you really must brush the crown gaurd then get the Bergeon Pen, not because there isn't a thousand other ways to do it (including steel wool) but because that is one handy little tool that you will use time and again in this hobby.

Ken

I might get the nerve up to try that. I was actually thinking about getting this tool to do it though:

Bergeon Scratch Removal Pen

It's suposed to create a brushed look on a shiny metal surface. But you guys probably already know that. -_-

You are correct. I didn't know about RWG when I bought off of ioffer. No more need for that anymore!

Th e"pen" uses a bundle of glass fibres. It works.

But wear gloves... steal a pair of disposable polythene gloves from the deisel pump of your local petrol station.

Unless you enjoy having your hands full of tiny invisible glass-fibre splinters...

Edited by Highflyingclive