When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Week end wrist check: first 2009 week end :o)

Stephane

That arabic Oyster DD is growing on me Demon. Funny, I have gotten used to not seeing Oysters on DD's since they were discontinued. I kind of miss them now. The arabic and Oyster is a nice sporty combo. I do like the President bracelet best with Romans though - and the Jubilee is best with sticks on DJ's IMO. Funny how different bracelets can completely change the vibe of these otherwise similar watches...

It is a remarkable watch in the flesh. Unfortunately my photography skills are not up to par to do this watch justice, but I'm learning :)

After much purchasing of DJ's and DD's (reps) I believe I have finally found the combo which I like the best and which best suits my personality. The arabic numerals make it modern, the oyster band adds a touch of sportiness, and the mirror polished case and the mid-links add the 'subtle bling' which gives this watch wrist presence despite it's small size.

I also bought a spare Presidential band, just in case ;) However I'm quite happy leaving it on the oyster for the time being.

Cannot resist to take the 1680 couple out of the box :blink:

Rolex1680Couple_800_09B.jpg

I always have to go back to the 1680 from time to time...The white one that is.

It's a great watch to wear.

And, icing on the cake, since these photos have been taken after MM applied his magic, the gen crystal is badly scratched :D:wub:

Rolex1680Couple_800_15B.jpg

Rolex1680Couple_800_33B.jpg

Rolex1680Couple_800_16B.jpg

Something slightly different for me today :)

DSCN0581.jpg

DSCN0582.jpg

I'd really been enjoying wearing my X-33, but during a 'snagging incident' one of the spring bars was damaged (the sprung notch pinged out) and I didn't have any other spring bars slim enough to go through the strap, so I dug the factory bracelet out, and installed it. Okay, the end links are hollow and held to the case by bent spring bars, and the clasp is totally wrong, but the bracelet itself is very comfortable. To answer a question RobbieG made while we were discussing the relative comforts of various bracelets, I would say that the bracelet is more comfortable than a Sub bracelet. It is the same curved links as on a Seamaster's bracelet, which means minimal contact points with the wrist, but, and this is the crucial element, with only a quartz movement, the watch head is not as heavy as an SMP or PO, so it is more comfortable, on the bracelet, than they would be, due to the reduced weight :)

I prefer how it looked on the Seamaster strap, but it's an acceptable temporary substitute :)