When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First time relum by myself

goin6633

Since I get the relumr information from you guys , I'm trying to get those stuff from internet

and I order the pigment from rcTRITEC , luminova C3 pigment .

And here's the C3 set

DSCN3831.jpg

So , try to relum by myself...........

first step , get the strap away

DSCN3838.jpg

then use the open ball to open

DSCN3839.jpg

remove the CG and the crown

DSCN3840.jpg

DSCN3841.jpg

remove the hands

DSCN3842.jpg

remove the dial

DSCN3844.jpg

separate the sandwich dial

DSCN3845.jpg

prepare the pigment

DSCN3846.jpg

mix the pigment

DSCN3847.jpg

then............hard work , sorry about forget to take the pic during print the pigment

and here's the result

DSCN3848.jpg

DSCN3849.jpg

I'm not hurry to put it back , so I will post the pic another day after I put them back

I'm happy to have the experience for relume , and happy to see it is such bright !!

Thanks for all the infos from you guys !!!!

Good one, mate.

Hope you scrapped the old factory lume off before applying the new SL to the under disc.

Do I see an old school Eddie Lee 44mm case with no cutout between the lugs and the plastic mov't retaining ring? Great find, short of JimmyFu case that's as good as they get in the 44mm Pam rep world, IMO.

Don't forget to show us the pics of the assembled piece. :)

cheers!

Nice one!! so your an expert now !!

Great work!

kray

How important is it to do this?

ps. great post, goin.

Very much so, otherwiase the 'sandwich' can end up being to thick for the proper install of the hand-stack.

The second hand requires enough clearance so it doesn't brush against the subdial, hour hand again shouldn't touch the second hand etc...all this gets affected if

a sandwich dial isn't of correct thickness.

Hi all , thanks for all the reply at first !

I do remove the old lumin on the hands , but not the dial .

So the result is just like babola said , the pigment on the dial are too much .

But luckly I just get a little dirt on the dial , not effect too much .

For the first time , I'm satisfied with the result !!!

And I also relume my 127 , and also try to relume for a sausage dial (old one, useless dial)

so , here comes the pictures

DSCN3850.jpg

DSCN3852.jpg

DSCN3853.jpg

DSCN3854.jpg

DSCN3856.jpg

DSCN3857.jpg

I belive that pratice makes perfect !!

So I will keep trying ~~~~~~

Thanks

Edited by goin6633

Great job, it looks perfect, the lume definitively makes the difference. Where have you bought the tritec luminova ?

the template is on the way to my place . I order some tools from my dealer to do the relume job , so I just do my best with the tools I own now !

These days , I relume two 063 for practice .

One is mine , another one is from my friend .

And this one is mine , the shape of the number is not so good !

But still satisfied for the result ~~~

IMGP0040.jpg

And this one is from my friend , the dial before relume

DSCN3874.jpg

Terrible lume on the dial , but the hands are good !

DSCN3872.jpg

And after relume the C3 pigment ,

DSCN3881.jpg

Compare with 111

DSCN3883.jpg

In the dark

DSCN3882.jpg

So , practice can make the relume job better and better . I will keep trying to make it better till I can relume the dial without any mistake !!

Thanks for the suggestion from you guys , I will keep post new pic from my homework .

Edited by goin6633

I am glad to see your putting some time and effort into mastering this difficult skill.

Honestly, I think the dials look terrible and the watch is ruined. I would not want to wear a watch that looks like this. I am not trying to insult the fact your trying this out, but you should not be applying lume to a dial that is for wearing on your wrist until you are skilled at producing very nice results.

You need to buy some old dials for practice, the saussage dials are the most difficult and you should have some of these as spares for practice, it will take you at least 50 or more hours of constant practice before you get the required skills and knowledge to make it look nice.

I know this because I started with lume 4 years ago, but I had a good background and was an artist for 30 years and have been working under a loup for a long time. Even with that background, it took me many dials and about 6-8 months of practice to get skilled at applying lume. Until I could make it look acceptable, I didn't do any watches - only practice dials.

Applying lume requires two skills, 1. being able to work under a loupe, and 2. having an artistic skill to apply the lume so it looks nice.

Keep practicing but please - buy some old dials for teaching yourself how to lume before you do someone's watch.

As for a template, this will not work or fix the problems you are having. Practice and more practice is the only way to get good results.

RG

the template is on the way to my place . I order some tools from my dealer to do the relume job , so I just do my best with the tools I own now !

These days , I relume two 063 for practice .

One is mine , another one is from my friend .

And this one is mine , the shape of the number is not so good !

But still satisfied for the result ~~~

So , practice can make the relume job better and better . I will keep trying to make it better till I can relume the dial without any mistake !!

Thanks for the suggestion from you guys , I will keep post new pic from my homework .

i would rather have terribel lume then what you did on the 063, do as The Zigmeister says and practice you have the drive now you need the practice.

Cheers